LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

Yes, No or Maybe: Will these team acquire a big time Free Agent in the off season?

Yes, No or Maybe: Will these team acquire a big time Free Agent in the off season?

Is there enough money to sign Von Miller?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Well both Jed and Trent have hinted that they plan to be aggressive.

Lol yah aggressive leaking s**t.
Originally posted by crake49:

Most definitely. But I doubt he makes it out of Denver.

Either he agrees to a deal or they tag him.
Originally posted by baltien:

Most definitely. But I doubt he makes it out of Denver.

Either he agrees to a deal or they tag him.

They asked him about it and he said he loves Elway and his agent will be working on a deal.
Von Miller isn't going anywhere so don't bother discussing it.

Malik Jackson and Danny Trevathan however would be welcome additions to the team.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Well both Jed and Trent have hinted that they plan to be aggressive.

Lol yah aggressive leaking s**t.

I bet they aggressively went after Vrabel too.
Give me the freshly released Jahri Evans please. If we got him and Malik Jackson and/or Alex Mack I'd be ecstatic.

Yes, but no we won't get him. But you can guarantee that people will be very angry that we didn't sign Miller, Wilkerson or even Vernon despite the fact that we're virtually no chance of signing any of them.
Two considerations.

First , Denver would be nuts to let him go. He WAS the MVP of the SB and there was no doubt. He won the game. He beat Cam and the Panthers. Yes he had help but the guy was phenomenal. He will stay in Denver, long term.

Second, the cap equivalency issue comes in. You have a P-52, you pay him. But when you are FAing and there is a guy you'd really like to have, but you have to break the bank for him and he is NOT von Miller nor is he patrick Willis...then you are screwing up a meticulously laid cap equivalence, and next thing you know, every other guy on the team wants a raise. That just is human nature. Ergo, I don't see us FAing a big ticket item. I see OGs, maybe a pair and one can hopefully pinch hit at OT, I see OC, a must, and i see either OLB passrusher vs DT , and all have to be genuine starters. Do it like that and you are hopefully talking$.4.0--$4.5 for the OGs, more for the OC and hopefully in the $4.5 range, but Mack at $8.5 mil/yr is looking to get paid this yr. Guys like Mack won't fit the equivalency issue. OLB passrusher/ DT....all i can say is we won't be signing ? Wilkerson? or whoever it is that is currently at $10 mil/yr (jets i think) and now wants to get paid. That doesn't work for us. The possibility of getting 2-3 OLs and a DT vs OLB who are all starters, as long as the salaries aren't nutty, is good. That would with good luck be $20-25 mil/yr for possibly 4 guys total and we can do that. Now if that number suddenly becomes $6-7 mil/ OG/yr, well, that is ridiculous. The DT and OLB passrusher...I could see us blowing more than $4.5 -$5 mil on one of them, getting the other in our first rd pick.
I think that Baalke will hire lots of mid-cost free agents like Bethea and 1 expensive player.

Newly released Jahri Evans would be a good start IMO.
I was looking for the baalke is an ass button.lol
Really we HAVE to sign a big name FA. We jave cap room we have to spend and beyond signing someone to a stupid contract we won't be able to get over the spend cap workout having done so.
If the Panthers don't tag him, Josh Norman would be a good pickup.

Nate Clements, Rev2
Wininer, maybe but i think it more likely he signs the OGs guys, the DT/OLB guy, but has to pay more there . The other is an OC...again midlevel unless it was my former favorite, Mack ...but he is looking in the $10mil/yr type so no. But wisnewski is available, Albert, POUNCEY, .
Share 49ersWebzone