There are 246 users in the forums

Yes, No or Maybe: Will these team acquire a big time Free Agent in the off season?

Yes, No or Maybe: Will these team acquire a big time Free Agent in the off season?

No
Originally posted by cortez96:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by JeromeBettis36:
we are signig russell okung

Lol to play what? Backup LT maybe

This

He's no $8 million a year player.
That guy gets hurt way too much.
Balke usually waits until the first wave of high dollar free agents goes by, and then once the some of these guys realize they are not going to get what they thought they could get, he signs them for something more reasonable. We don't get the top guy in free agency, but we get a Glen Dorsey or Aquan Boldin. He might make a splash with a Torrey Smith, but he doesn't spend top dollars on the Percy Harvins and Jimmy Grahams. So I vote Maybe: It really depends on who is out there to be had.
York has said we'd be aggressive the offseason. Wth all this cap space, I think we'll be players early
  • Jason
  • Veteran
My guess is Balke will take a long look at the top guys on Oline and Pass rushers and I wouldn't rule out a trade
Will be very interesting to see what Baalke does with all this $$$
I think Tamba Hali would be perfect. Cut Brooks, bring in Hali to be the veteran leader in the OLB room. Hed be a great mentor for Lynch, Carradine, Harold, etc.

He's older, so maybe 2 years guaranteed, with a 3rd year option?

Can't stay healthy. The fact that he texted to say he would be healthy for OTA's says EVERYTHING. (I need a job but I can't promise how much I will play for you.)
They need to bring in a player or two or three like a Justin Smith who's character and leadership are just as, if not more important than ability on the field, This may mean one or two of those guys that have only a year or two left in the tank and may be a bit cheaper. To get one of those who fits that bill and is younger (Hali) will be much more expensive. I still would like to see a team built through the draft but we are at the point, money-wise, where adding a few good role players would be smart as well.
The team needs to pay up for impact players obviously but just as important they need to sign guys who know how to lead. Who can bring a certain attitude that doesn't currently exist on the team. Like a Hacksaw Reynolds, Kevin Greene, Deion Sanders or dare I say Josh Norman
[ Edited by duhandorhello on Feb 7, 2016 at 12:21 PM ]

I don't care about big time free agent. I want the right guy. Something tells me Baalke will bungle this.
It kind of depends on your definition of "big-time"...for example I could see Baalke bringing in Malik Jackson over Wilkerson...(hopefully) NT Damon Harrison, James Starks, a solid OG/C (to b/u Kilgore), maybe a Trevathan for ILB depth. Those are all solid players...to fill specific roles. We've seen way too many times the big $$ FA's flame out on their new teams.
I don't see Baalke bringing in Tamba Hali or Russell Okung. The former's got a lot of miles on him and the latter is too inconsistent. I do see him signing some 25-26 yr olds with 3-4 yrs of NFL experience...guys like Malik Jackson, Danny Trevathan, etc.
Originally posted by Butter:
I think Tamba Hali would be perfect. Cut Brooks, bring in Hali to be the veteran leader in the OLB room. Hed be a great mentor for Lynch, Carradine, Harold, etc.

He's older, so maybe 2 years guaranteed, with a 3rd year option?

• MFWIC
  • Veteran

Hope he is the guy on the right

Though he has turned in feet at the angle this photo is taken

[ Edited by MFWIC on Feb 7, 2016 at 12:59 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone