There are 172 users in the forums

Which players are best suited for Chip's style of offense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Chips offense is worthless without a dual threat qb. Since there are only 2 true dual threat qbs, in the world I'd say it doesn't really matter. This offense is so simple. Even Brandon Marshall was saying so this morning. He said there's only 4 routes in his route tree.

Not real encouraging especially after hearing Joe Montana on Dan Patrick talk about how Bill Walshes offense was built around adjustments and reads.

How the 49ers could go from Walsh, and Harbaughs complex pros style offenses to this cheesy zone read Chip Kelly offense is just depressing.

Lol what are you talking about? Philly's offense hasn't been lower then 12th overall since chip was the HC and he never had a duel threat QB.

And harbs "complex"offense was pure s**t...where was the in game adjustments?? SF was ranked 12th in overall offense the one year we actually used Kap as a duel threat.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
This made me a little worried. Jenkins pretty much saying that Chip's offense wont work in the NFL. Is he just being salty?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2613941-jenkins-kap-wont-make-a-difference-chips-up-tempo-offense-is-too-simple

I think that's a fair assessment...I wouldn't be surprise if chip mixes it up, football is always evolving and you got to make ajustments.

I'm guessing that was discussed during the interview process.
Originally posted by BigBug415:
QB Kap
RB Hyde
RB Devonte Booker
WR Leonte Caroo
WR Marvin Jones
WR Torrey Smith

Playoffs!!! 😎👍

Talking about players currently on the team
Originally posted by thl408:
Hyde, Staley, Kilgore, Patton

Thoughts on Kilgore moving to guard if we can bring in a vet center like Mack?
Originally posted by SofaKing:
QB -- Someone who makes good, quick decisions and poses a running threat on the zone-read
RB -- Someone with good vision. Decisive one-cut runner. Can make plays in space.
WR -- Guys that can pick up YAC, preferably bigger WRs. Good blockers.
TE -- Can't be one dimensional. Must be good receiver and blocker.
OL -- Need guys who are smart and athletic. Don't need to be one-on-one maulers, but strong enough to run inside zone and power.

Outstanding breakdown.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I think its a great move. He was playing there before getting moved back to center. He is well versed in the power blocking techniques that Harbaugh/ Roman liked and atheletic enough to do the zone techniques Chip likes.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Feb 7, 2016 at 6:26 AM ]
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I think its a great move. He was playing there before getting moved back to center. He is well versed in the power blocking techniques that Harbaugh/ Roman liked and atheletic enough to do the zone techniques Chip likes.

Yeah I think it would kill two birds with one stone...we get a upgrade at center with Mack and Kilgore would be upgrade OG as well.

Staley, Kilgore, Mack, tiller, Davis--plus add a rookie in like the 3rd and were set (add in brown Martin and thomas as backups).
AJ Jenkins come save us!!!
Share 49ersWebzone