LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 329 users in the forums

Which players are best suited for Chip's style of offense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Mdizzle27:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
This made me a little worried. Jenkins pretty much saying that Chip's offense wont work in the NFL. Is he just being salty?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2613941-jenkins-kap-wont-make-a-difference-chips-up-tempo-offense-is-too-simple

He's just saying he needs to balance it out and not go uptempo every time. The playbook does gets reduced when you're going warp speed every time, which I think he eluded to as well.

That is one thing I am hoping for out of Kelly - that he learns to use the up tempo at times, but also willing to slow it down for a change.

Sometimes, an Offense needs to be able to grind out a couple of first downs and run the clock out.
This is probably where Modkins comes into play. If they huddle up, he's probably calling that play.
Originally posted by socal9er42:
That is one thing I am hoping for out of Kelly - that he learns to use the up tempo at times, but also willing to slow it down for a change.

Sometimes, an Offense needs to be able to grind out a couple of first downs and run the clock out.

I just dont understand? If any of you are concerned about the offense working, look at the stats the last three years. No offense is perfect, but Chip's is definitely upper tier
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
This made me a little worried. Jenkins pretty much saying that Chip's offense wont work in the NFL. Is he just being salty?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2613941-jenkins-kap-wont-make-a-difference-chips-up-tempo-offense-is-too-simple

Tell Jenkins that Chip is Wearing Lebron "Check My Stats" shirt
Player to watch is Dres Anderson
Bruce Ellington
Originally posted by daragon:
QB Blain Gabbert
RB Carlos Hyde
RB DuJuan Harris
RB Jarryd Hayne
T Joe Staley
All TEs
All WRs

Looks like a 4-12 lineup in my opinion. 👎
QB Kap
RB Hyde
RB Devonte Booker
WR Leonte Caroo
WR Marvin Jones
WR Torrey Smith

Playoffs!!! 😎👍
I don't know what video you watched but what I saw was that he said the tempo was simple, not the offense and defense that if he could vary the tempo the offense would have the defense on its heels more.smh..some zoners
Originally posted by KaptooCrab:
I don't know what video you watched but what I saw was that he said the tempo was simple, not the offense and defense that if he could vary the tempo the offense would have the defense on its heels more.smh..some zoners

Yes. Teams have caught up to the tempo, which is incorrect, actually. They may have caught up cardiovascularly (not sure that's a word), but the tempo catches defenses out of position constantly.

• 9moon
  • Veteran
I wonder if Reggie Bush will be resigned??
Originally posted by 9moon:

I hope not ...I'd rather have Draughn or Harris back, Reggie is the real "Mr Glass" ...not Samuel L Jackson
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Chips offense is worthless without a dual threat qb. Since there are only 2 true dual threat qbs, in the world I'd say it doesn't really matter. This offense is so simple. Even Brandon Marshall was saying so this morning. He said there's only 4 routes in his route tree.

Not real encouraging especially after hearing Joe Montana on Dan Patrick talk about how Bill Walshes offense was built around adjustments and reads.

How the 49ers could go from Walsh, and Harbaughs complex pros style offenses to this cheesy zone read Chip Kelly offense is just depressing.

We ranked in the 20s every year but one under Harbaugh Chip has produced a top 10 offense two out of three years with less talent...
Originally posted by 9moon:

Hopefully by ESPN or NFL network.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
QB -- Someone who makes good, quick decisions and poses a running threat on the zone-read
RB -- Someone with good vision. Decisive one-cut runner. Can make plays in space.
WR -- Guys that can pick up YAC, preferably bigger WRs. Good blockers.
TE -- Can't be one dimensional. Must be good receiver and blocker.
OL -- Need guys who are smart and athletic. Don't need to be one-on-one maulers, but strong enough to run inside zone and power.

I think this is the key element for success. If the OL blocks correctly with regard to the play call, the play will work. If they miss their assignments, however, things go bad. It'll be interesting to watch how quickly the OL picks up his system. Should get a good feel for whether they're getting it from the first exhibition game on. If they do, it's going to be a fun year.
Share 49ersWebzone