LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

Which players are best suited for Chip's style of offense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Harbaughs offense was really complex. Let's stack the line with an extra te and line a full back in front of the rb. The defense never knew what was coming.
  • thl408
Hyde, Staley, Kilgore, Patton
Originally posted by thl408:

This guy has a chance to be a f**king stud in Chip's offense. It could be the perfect storm that finally gets his career on track.
Originally posted by daragon:
QB Blain Gabbert
RB Carlos Hyde
RB DuJuan Harris
RB Jarryd Hayne
T Joe Staley
All TEs
All WRs

LOL, I feel like this too...although I'm not sure which WR's specifically.

As to the OL, Kilgore would be a nice fit if 100% healthy and the inside zone requires 1on1 power at the G positions and Tiller and Thomas might be great for that. And if Tiller and Brown continue to hit the cardio and slim down hard (they aren't that far off right now), we may have something...and if Davis comes back and is in tip-top shape (nobody is counting on this), icing on the cake.

We may not be as devoid of talent on the offensive side of the ball as we originally thought.
Smith
Staley
Patton
McDonald
Hyde
  • thl408
Originally posted by Niners816:

This guy has a chance to be a f**king stud in Chip's offense. It could be the perfect storm that finally gets his career on track.

I like him with the ball in his hands. I can see him catching a simple drag route or WR screen and getting good RAC.

I like him with the ball in his hands. I can see him catching a simple drag route or WR screen and getting good RAC.

Totally agree

Yeah, the catch and run to position the game winning FG in the last game of the season is the perfect example. Shifty, elusive, and the quick burst of speed looked great.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Chips offense is worthless without a dual threat qb. Since there are only 2 true dual threat qbs, in the world I'd say it doesn't really matter. This offense is so simple. Even Brandon Marshall was saying so this morning. He said there's only 4 routes in his route tree.

Not real encouraging especially after hearing Joe Montana on Dan Patrick talk about how Bill Walshes offense was built around adjustments and reads.

You don't know what you're talking about because Chip Kellys offense doesn't need a running QB to work and his concepts involve many reads.
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 4, 2016 at 3:24 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Chips offense is worthless without a dual threat qb. Since there are only 2 true dual threat qbs, in the world I'd say it doesn't really matter. This offense is so simple. Even Brandon Marshall was saying so this morning. He said there's only 4 routes in his route tree.

Not real encouraging especially after hearing Joe Montana on Dan Patrick talk about how Bill Walshes offense was built around adjustments and reads.

You don't know what you're talking about because Chip Kellys offense doesn't need a running QB to work and his concepts involve many reads.

Sam Bradford, not a running qb, yet Chip traded for him. And has confirmed that he was fine with Bradford at qb in Philly at his Niners intro presser.

Foles wasn't a running qb either. Kelly had him play pretty good for a while. Most important aspect a qb can have in Kelly's offense. Knowing WTF he's doing out on the field.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Feb 4, 2016 at 3:28 PM ]

QB -- Someone who makes good, quick decisions and poses a running threat on the zone-read
RB -- Someone with good vision. Decisive one-cut runner. Can make plays in space.
WR -- Guys that can pick up YAC, preferably bigger WRs. Good blockers.
TE -- Can't be one dimensional. Must be good receiver and blocker.
OL -- Need guys who are smart and athletic. Don't need to be one-on-one maulers, but strong enough to run inside zone and power.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Originally posted by Chico:
anyone that's in great shape, has major ENDURANCE, young, fast, speedy, strong, smart, healthy and hungry

Ethiopian marathoners?

Nope! I said strong & smart
This made me a little worried. Jenkins pretty much saying that Chip's offense wont work in the NFL. Is he just being salty?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2613941-jenkins-kap-wont-make-a-difference-chips-up-tempo-offense-is-too-simple
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
anyone that's in great shape, has major ENDURANCE, young, fast, speedy, strong, smart, healthy and hungry

Ethiopian marathoners?

Nope! I said strong & smart
wheres that gif of the little black kid saying THATS RACIST haha
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
This made me a little worried. Jenkins pretty much saying that Chip's offense wont work in the NFL. Is he just being salty?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2613941-jenkins-kap-wont-make-a-difference-chips-up-tempo-offense-is-too-simple

He's just saying he needs to balance it out and not go uptempo every time. The playbook does gets reduced when you're going warp speed every time, which I think he eluded to as well.
Share 49ersWebzone