LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

Do you want Kap as the 49ers Starting QB in 2016?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you want Kap as the 49ers Starting QB in 2016?

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
This, let him play it out until we groom our future Qb.

Or take that $11+ mil, spend it elsewhere and let Gabbert start for a year.

This.
yes and beyond.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
This, let him play it out until we groom our future Qb.

Or take that $11+ mil, spend it elsewhere and let Gabbert start for a year.

This.
that's stupid.
you want them to do exactly what you hate them and accuse them of doing when it gets rid of a player you don't like. cut costs deal with a known scrub in gabbert as a bridge qb and then HOPE one is good enough in the next draft to gamble on and hope they can do good when put around a good team.

true colors really shine through around here i tell you
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
that's stupid.
you want them to do exactly what you hate them and accuse them of doing when it gets rid of a player you don't like. cut costs deal with a known scrub in gabbert as a bridge qb and then HOPE one is good enough in the next draft to gamble on and hope they can do good when put around a good team.

true colors really shine through around here i tell you

Deal with an expensive scrub in Kaepernick or an inexpensive scrub in Gabbert?

I'd rather go with the inexpensive guy and then draft a QB that can actually improve in their ability to read a defense, go through their progressions and make timely and accurate passes consistently, that can throw the football to a guy 10 yards away without gunning it at 100mph or throwing it at his feet and isnt afraid to throw it past the first down marker.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 4, 2016 at 10:08 AM ]
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
I would like to see open competition. Let the best qb win. At least let him look capable in the preseason to up his trade value. It's at an all time low right now.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Give the job to Gabbert "for now" let him screw it up then give it to this guy eventually

He'll be off playing in the CFL before that day ever comes.

Wtf is that?

Featherweight ass qbs .
  • Antix
  • Veteran
No.

Kap doesnt wanna be here and I dont really blame him. I also think Gabbert truly is a better fit for Kelly's offense. Trade Kap to the AFC. Just can't see him living up to his price tag here.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Not if doesn't want to be here. I get that he's supposed to be a professional and all the b******t, but if the guy doesn't trust the FO and wants to go somewhere else, then do what it takes to get him out. We can't afford to have anyone on this team that isn't 100% bought in.

I'm comfortable with drafting either Goff or Wentz at 7 (if either is available, IMO one will be) and letting them sit while Gabbert starts in 2016.

i would rather try to keep both and wait till the third round to get a nice qb,,.. i just really think a need for a elite pass rusher and an elite offensive lineman at one and two is vital to our team. but if ck goes i guess we then have to relook at my theory

I'm not saying I want him gone. I still think he has tons of talent and the potential to be very dangerous in Chip Kelly's offense. However, if his mistrust of the FO has caused him not to want to stay and try to help this team, then he has to go, and I'm comfortable with that.

All this over some slut.
No way! I'd rather place my hopes in a first round flop who's best play came in an 8 game stretch when most games didn't count.

Do I want Kaepernick starting this year?

Only if he out-performs the other candidates. Duh. Might as well have a thread saying 'Would you like Aaron Rodgers to be QB this year?'
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

All this over some slut.

Again, I'm sure all the upstanding and righteous men around here would certainly turn that stuff down if one of your friends or acquaintances had dated her at one time. Suuuuuurrrrrre!
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

All this over some slut.

But what if they fell in love and got married?
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Yeah, I do. But if he is not committed to being here, it really doesn't matter what I want. I genuinely think Kaep and the organization need to sit down and air their issues out like men.
I'm just not ready to give up on Kaep yet. He's shown when he has coaches that scheme around his abilities he's a top 10 QB. For two seasons Kaep has been asked to execute a scheme outside his talents, not to mention having to deal with backstabbing untrustworthy FO. Winning cures all ills. I think both Kaep and Chip are going to go into the 2016 season with large chips on their shoulders.
Share 49ersWebzone