LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 151 users in the forums

Do you want Kap as the 49ers Starting QB in 2016?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you want Kap as the 49ers Starting QB in 2016?

Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by BobS:
Ranking in total defensive yards allowed

2012 Ravens 17th

2015 Broncos 1st

Big difference in the defenses they faced, but of course that usually gets ignored here. Before anyone tries to diminish Denver's defense because they were 4th in points allowed their offense as we know was mediocre at best which effects how many points a defense gives up per yard allowed.

Broncos defense was legit and I doubt Kap would've done what he did against the Ravens vs Denver...but he woul've at least jumped on the fumble that was in front of him. That was absolutely pathetic.

That was one of the best defenses I've ever seen in a Super Bowl. The Broncos defense has everything IMO - great secondary, stout line and unbelievable pass rushers. I think it's better than the Seahawk defense we saw two years ago.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
If we're trying to land the 1st overall pick, we should give the position to KAEP once more!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 49erCanadian:
Fact is we wouldn't be having this conversation if management lived up to their agreement with kaep and spent the full cap money to have talent around him. If we signed Evan Mathis for 5 mil we would've had another 11 mil left over to sign a centre and a RT. if we did that we would've being a playoff team and kaep wouldn't have gotten murdered from constant break downs of C, RG and RT. he has proven I. The past with a good line and good defence he can win games and road playoffs games. Amazing how short of memories seasonal fans have on the blog.

So how did we even know Mathis wanted to go to SF, seems like to him he made the RIGHT choice in Denver, after that there was no one worth picking up. I think it was coaching that kept putting out the same ole crap O-line week after week, because after they finally made the switch to Tiller the OL improved. And let's not also overlook the fact that Carlos Hyde was out pretty much the whole season. On paper, spending $40 million on Torrey Smith seemed like the only piece that was missing. I think Baalke did miss on a RT in the draft BUT we shouldn't pin that on why we are having this conversation on Kap and his mishaps. IMO

I agree on how long it took to remove devery for tiller, pears for brown and we could've used anyone else at centre. Mathis didn't sign for Denver u till late in the FA process because no one would meet his price. According to reports he settled on den because they were the highest bidders. If met his price early in FA season we could've got him. Hyde did hurt but Murray proved anything in Dallas is that anyone can run behind a great line. Get a line and kaep can win.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Jreff, yes it does. See the 2011/2012 /2013 49ers. IF we had had any kind of O, we win. Actually the first NFCC loss wat a coaching loss, but the next two, they were this fabulous talented D with an O that was substandard. Coach , QB, gameplan, playcalls....it was awful to throw away a talented D like that for one SB loss and 2 NFCC losses. With any kind of decent O, we win 2 SBs with a shot at a third. But no, with no O, that didn't happen.

Pasodoc.....I am going to preface this by saying that I truly respect you as a poster and think you are a very knowledgeable fan. I enjoy reading your posts.

But you and many others end up sounding completely uneducated when you make statements like the offense cost us the Superbowl in 2012. Our defense was ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC over the last 3 games of the season plus the playoffs. Not coincidentally, it was right when Aldon and Justin got injured. Your last 2 sentences are completely backwards in regards to at least that 2012 Superbowl. With any kind of decent D, we win the Superbowl in 2012. Our offense carried our team at the end of 2012, not the other way around like you claim.
I wonder how many of those who blame the offense on that Super Bowl loss do the same for the NFCCG the year before. It's just weird though, the theme for the Super Bowl loss is the O lost the game. The O put up 30 points and close to 500 yards, 100 more yards than the Ravens. Lets look at the NFCCG...9ers had 328 yards. But the offense was awesome!
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Jreff, yes it does. See the 2011/2012 /2013 49ers. IF we had had any kind of O, we win. Actually the first NFCC loss wat a coaching loss, but the next two, they were this fabulous talented D with an O that was substandard. Coach , QB, gameplan, playcalls....it was awful to throw away a talented D like that for one SB loss and 2 NFCC losses. With any kind of decent O, we win 2 SBs with a shot at a third. But no, with no O, that didn't happen.

Pasodoc.....I am going to preface this by saying that I truly respect you as a poster and think you are a very knowledgeable fan. I enjoy reading your posts.

But you and many others end up sounding completely uneducated when you make statements like the offense cost us the Superbowl in 2012. Our defense was ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC over the last 3 games of the season plus the playoffs. Not coincidentally, it was right when Aldon and Justin got injured. Your last 2 sentences are completely backwards in regards to at least that 2012 Superbowl. With any kind of decent D, we win the Superbowl in 2012. Our offense carried our team at the end of 2012, not the other way around like you claim.

Too bad the offense couldn't carry the first half of the SB.
Originally posted by jedediahyork:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

too bad Refs held on to their flags from the mugging that the 9ers received from the Ravens (Which actually sparked the Seahawks hold on every play defense in 2013)
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Feb 8, 2016 at 2:31 PM ]

Right. Because all that matters is winning that first half.
Originally posted by crake49:

Lol. 31 points is 31 points

I'm still waiting on him to answer my question about how the poor talent in 2011 turned into great talent in 2012.

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
too bad Refs held on to their flags from the mugging that the 9ers received from the Ravens (Which actually sparked the Seahawks hold on every play defense in 2013)

[ Edited by Mr.Mcgibblets on Feb 8, 2016 at 3:04 PM ]
  • JEP83
  • Veteran
Sooooo, Were not talking about Kap for this year? Some of yall are so stuck in the past. Its been three years. Its over. Were on our second coach since then. This was supposed to be about Kap ala 2016 season not 2012. Man I am still pissed about that Superbowl too since I live in MD at the time but gotta move on.
If he starts because he's the best option at QB at the time than I'm all for it.

I just don't want it to be the same situation as last year when the job is handed to him and there really isn't much of a plan B.

Make sure to draft a potential legitimate option at QB and have an actual QB battle in the offseason and let who rises to the top be the starter and if it's Kap than so be it and if it's someone else that's fine too.
Originally posted by Blindfury:

I'm still waiting on him to answer my question about how the poor talent in 2011 turned into great talent in 2012.

Wait....when you say "waiting for him" are you referring to me? I didnt even see a question.

Had they been able to score more than two field goals in the first half we tie or win.
[ Edited by jedediahyork on Feb 8, 2016 at 5:15 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone