LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 167 users in the forums

Do you want Kap as the 49ers Starting QB in 2016?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you want Kap as the 49ers Starting QB in 2016?

Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:

Just seems like we can't develop good QB's, well we started to with Harbaugh.

You cant develop what isnt there. If a guy doesnt have all the tools, at best you try to manage his limitations which Harbaugh did a good job of but you can only do so much with that.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 4, 2016 at 7:47 AM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
2 words - hell no!
Not if doesn't want to be here. I get that he's supposed to be a professional and all the b******t, but if the guy doesn't trust the FO and wants to go somewhere else, then do what it takes to get him out. We can't afford to have anyone on this team that isn't 100% bought in.

I'm comfortable with drafting either Goff or Wentz at 7 (if either is available, IMO one will be) and letting them sit while Gabbert starts in 2016.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
He's the best qb on the roster at the moment.

this and yes
Yes
I can make a pretty strong argument that we've seen more from Gabbert as far as awareness and reading a defense in his short time starting than we have from Colin lately. I think if you read the tea leaves, he doesn't wanna be here so let him go.
Give the job to Gabbert "for now" let him screw it up then give it to this guy eventually

Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Give the job to Gabbert "for now" let him screw it up then give it to this guy eventually

He'll be off playing in the CFL before that day ever comes.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
I agree,

and if theres any truth to the rumor of him not wanting to be here, then we need to let him go.

Just seems like we can't develop good QB's, well we started to with Harbaugh.

But we all know how that ended.
jh did a lousy job of doing anything with ck during his last year, he lost all interest in my opinion. then ck floundered like everyone around here did last year
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Not if doesn't want to be here. I get that he's supposed to be a professional and all the b******t, but if the guy doesn't trust the FO and wants to go somewhere else, then do what it takes to get him out. We can't afford to have anyone on this team that isn't 100% bought in.

I'm comfortable with drafting either Goff or Wentz at 7 (if either is available, IMO one will be) and letting them sit while Gabbert starts in 2016.

i would rather try to keep both and wait till the third round to get a nice qb,,.. i just really think a need for a elite pass rusher and an elite offensive lineman at one and two is vital to our team. but if ck goes i guess we then have to relook at my theory

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

The only plus I can get out of Gabbert starting is a legit shot at Fournette in the 2017 draft.
yes. stop asking.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Colleg QB's gon' College QB.

A 5'10 QB with small hands, questionable durability, inconsistent mechanics, a sidearm throwing motion and the inability to play at high altitudes......what could go wrong.
Share 49ersWebzone