LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

Do you want Kap as the 49ers Starting QB in 2016?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you want Kap as the 49ers Starting QB in 2016?

Do you want Kap as the starting QB for the 49ers in 2016?
He's the best qb on the roster at the moment.
If he's selling out for that ugly broad his career then,has most likely peaked.
Time to bring out the cool-aid, I bought into it the last two years. My eyes told me he has no pocket awareness and there was a 50-50 chance his sideline passes would be intercepted. No, I won't be fooled three times, Kap is a great athlete trying to learn the position, he's been here 5 years, how many more years will it take, if ever.
I want the best man to win, keep him and see if he can beat Gabbert and a Rookie out of camp and if he cant....send him on down the road. He has potential but hasn't been meeting it the last two years. It is certainly put up or shut up time, but we are in a position with a new coach that caters to his skill set to give him one last chance to produce at a level befitting his stature in the organization.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
I want the best man to win, keep him and see if he can beat Gabbert and a Rookie out of camp and if he cant....send him on down the road. He has potential but hasn't been meeting it the last two years. It is certainly put up or shut up time, but we are in a position with a new coach that caters to his skill set to give him one last chance to produce at a level befitting his stature in the organization.

i think this is just about right
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

This, let him play it out until we groom our future Qb.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Time to bring out the cool-aid, I bought into it the last two years. My eyes told me he has no pocket awareness and there was a 50-50 chance his sideline passes would be intercepted. No, I won't be fooled three times, Kap is a great athlete trying to learn the position, he's been here 5 years, how many more years will it take, if ever.

Thats Baalke fault for not drafting a Qb and creating competition. There is no one better at this moment.
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:

Thats Baalke fault for not drafting a Qb and creating competition. There is no one better at this moment.

There hasn't been a lot in the draft that we could get to at our draft position that would have amounted to much in regard to legit competition. There are a lot of things I lay on Baalke but I don't really think the QB situation is one of them. Everything he has done there has made some pretty logical sense at the time.

I agree,

and if theres any truth to the rumor of him not wanting to be here, then we need to let him go.

Just seems like we can't develop good QB's, well we started to with Harbaugh.

But we all know how that ended.

I'm with starting whomever the coach wants to start at the position...
  • Tombo
  • Veteran
Let him go. Blane Gabbert is better suited. Makes better reads, quicker decisions, quicker throws, better touch passes. Kap's got a hell of an arm, but overthrows A LOT. Gabbert can run (obviously not like Kap!). I'm not saying Gabbert is the long term answer, draft a QB high, and let him learn under Gabbert. I'll always take a throwing QB over a running one. Kap gets those happy feet very often, and yes, I know our line sucks a$$!
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

he wasn't last year, he sucked big time.
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
This, let him play it out until we groom our future Qb.

Or take that $11+ mil, spend it elsewhere and let Gabbert start for a year.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 4, 2016 at 7:42 AM ]
I want there to be a true competition in TC and whoever wins that should be the starting QB regardless of salary/etc.
Share 49ersWebzone