LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 411 users in the forums

Which 49ers playoff loss did you take the hardest?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which 49ers playoff loss did you take the hardest?

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
That Kyle William fumble and Richard Sherman rant kinda were both painful the sb wasn't bad since we got robbed on that game.

no one robbed us but our own coaches. crabtree deserved the rant and of course had the coaches not been stupid, had jh not called a time out, we would not be talking about the team being allegedly robbed. the only game i think we were ever robbed in was the washington phantom pass interference call crap
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CityKing415:
Super Bowl loss and Kyle Williams fumble loss. Seeing Willis crying after the game still gets me emotional. The years of losing with Nolan and Sing we finally put it all together just to fall short.
i cry thinking about those wasted years with nolan and sing when willis, gore and country were at the top of their game
ABSOLUTELY WITHOUT A DOUBT THE 1990 CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Lock This MotherLover thread up!! Of course its the 1990 NFCCG vs the Giants. All Craig has to do is hold onto the ball 3 straight runs with 2:43 on the clock and up 13-12 and the 49ers are going to the 3rd straight SB, IDK if they would have beat that Buffalo Team but it would have been a DANDY!

This. It was just gut-wrenching. It was done. Over.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
1990 NFCCG. Lost Joe Montana to a vicious hit that bruised his sternum, bruised stomach, cracked ribs and a broken hand.
Craig fumbled to give the Giants life. No 3peat. One of the worst late afternoon.

i have no confidence young could have won the super bowl. the stage was to big for him in my opinion, hell for all we know maybe joe would have tried to play??

I've thought about that too with Young. He's not as good in the pocket back then as Montana, but he's no slouch. I think Young's mobility and running with the football may give us another dimension on offense that the Bills may not be able to handle on defense. Would have been interesting to see it unfold how it might be with Young in the SB with that 90' team.

Back in the 80's & early 90's, attacking the LB level was the thing with Walsh WCO. They are slower guys at LB mostly to stop the run. So with our pass catcher attacking the LB, plus the threat of Young running--they have to worry about the run, the pass, and the running qb. That's a lot of s**t on the table
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 28, 2016 at 11:05 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I've thought about that too with Young. He's not as good in the pocket back then as Montana, but he's no slouch. I think Young's mobility and running with the football may give us another dimension on offense that the Bills may not be able to handle on defense. Would have been interesting to see it unfold.

also we would have went into that game with no run game,. craig no longer had it. would have had to win ugly with our good defense. i would like to think joe would have done whatever possible to play in the super bowl. i just remember how much flack the team got that year cuz they were winning ugly but still make it to the title game
None of those losses were easy to take. All of them sucked. In none were we closer to another Lombardi trophy than the Super Bowl loss to the Ravens, so that is the worst for me. That being said, to this day I hate the Ravens, Giants, and Seahawks with a passion. I don't like the Packers either, but my dislike of them is not as powerful as it is for the other teams. In SB XL they were the lesser of two evils, so there was one unlikely instance where I could root for them and I was glad they won that year.
Originally posted by cortana49:
ABSOLUTELY WITHOUT A DOUBT THE 1990 CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

No question about it in my mind. With just a couple minutes to go, they're deep in Giants territory for a chip shot to ice the game and go to their third in a row with a chance to be the only team in history to win 3 in a row? And you don't win? No loss was more shocking to me - they outplayed the Giants for the entire game and then the Giants luck into a Super Bowl and act like it was ordained by God. Horrible.
Originally posted by cciowa:
I've thought about that too with Young. He's not as good in the pocket back then as Montana, but he's no slouch. I think Young's mobility and running with the football may give us another dimension on offense that the Bills may not be able to handle on defense. Would have been interesting to see it unfold.

also we would have went into that game with no run game,. craig no longer had it. would have had to win ugly with our good defense. i would like to think joe would have done whatever possible to play in the super bowl. i just remember how much flack the team got that year cuz they were winning ugly but still make it to the title game

Gut wrenching lost, but from the moment that we lost, I thought the Giants was the ideal team to beat the juggernaut Bills offense. Everyone was favoring the Bills, but I thought the Giants had a very good chance against them. Great defense and helluva running game to keep the Bills offense off the field. There were some part of the game the Bills looked like they could score at will. But Giants found a way handle the pace.
The Superbowl loss will always be there as a blemish but that 2011 season was magic and hurt worse at the time would have been the ultimate redemption story for Alex Smith

That 1992 NFCCG lost to the upstart Cowboys hurts like a mother too. Traded away Charles Haley that came back to bit us in the ass. Without Haley they would have been just another playoff team we put away on our way to the SB. And then f**king Jimmy Johson 'How 'bout rem Cowboys' in the locker room. f**king hate them ever since.

Bring your own shot glass to this thread.

[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 28, 2016 at 11:26 AM ]
It's the Super Bowl loss followed a close second by the losses in the NFCC in 2011 and 2013
I hear Pat Summerall in my nightmares, "There will be no 3peat". Camelot finished with that game.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I hear Pat Summerall in my nightmares, "There will be no 3peat". Camelot finished with that game.

OH YOU WANT TO RELIVE THE FEELS!?!

The 1990 championship was really hard to watch, but I still get pissed when I think of that loss to Washington. That game was fixed, I have no doubt...
Share 49ersWebzone