LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

49ers hire Jeff Nixon as TE's coach

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Why not put Miller at FB/TE

He doubled as TE when all the TE went down except for Bell. Miller is a good football player. If Kelly is such an offensive mind, he should be able to find a way for Miller to be on the field. Walsh would.

Makes me think of what could have been had Delanie been able to play for Kelly
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 27, 2016 at 6:50 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
So many running back coaches in this staff. You think that we might transition towards a pass heavy offense, but these hires tell me otherwise. I am actually looking forward to September again, unlike last year

At the very least we will have a creative running game again.

I'm happy with a run heavy offense as long as it comes with a competent passing offense. If you look at Kelly's first year in the NFL, their rushing offense was #1 in the NFL. Last season, largely due to issues with the OL they fell to #14. I think he's pretty determined to have an aggressive rushing attack and I feel like his experience in Philly last year, where the OL greatly degraded will lead him and Baalke to both seek substantial improvements there.

Yup I'm sure he's liking his chops at our running backs. Hyde has experience with zone reads at Ohio state. Harris turned it on at the end. Hayne is very intriguing and a year of experience is huge. The jury is still out on Mike Davis though.

For the passing game, I think his system is qb friendly. Quick reads and the fast paced offense makes the defense unable to make adjustments and tiring them out.
[ Edited by gold49digger on Jan 27, 2016 at 8:59 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone