LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 142 users in the forums

49ers hire Jeff Nixon as TE's coach

Shop Find 49ers gear online

The new TE's coach. Was the RB's coach for Miami for 5 years. Worked under Andy Reid with the Eagles as well.

A running back at West Virginia (1993-94) and Penn State (1996), Nixon served as a student assistant for one season on Joe Paterno's staff after graduation.

Nixon then spent one year as the running backs coach at Princeton, followed by four seasons under the same title at Shippensburg, where he would earn his master's degree in elementary administration.

From 2003-05, Nixon worked at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga as the team's running backs coach, tight ends coach, and special teams coordinator.

Following one season of coaching running backs and wide receivers at Temple, Nixon earned his first NFL gig as special teams quality control coach on Andy Reid's staff with the Philadelphia Eagles. He worked under special teams coordinators Rory Segrest (2007-09) and Bobby April (2010).

Nixon served in that role for four seasons until joining the Dolphins in January 2011 in his running backs coach position at the NFL level.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 26, 2016 at 3:22 PM ]
Another guy who helped Reggie Bush break 1000 yards. Bush as starting RB confirmed?

Jk I just hope he builds off what Sparano brought. Mangini made the TE group awful
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by saniner:
Another guy who helped Reggie Bush break 1000 yards. Bush as starting RB confirmed?

Jk I just hope he builds off what Sparano brought. Mangini made the TE group awful

He got VERNON to a Super Bowl!

Reggie's gotta be feeling the love with the dudes who helped him to career years in the house.
RB coach with some TE and WR experience to now coach TEs? I gotta say... still better than Mangini coaching TEs.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
RB coach with some TE and WR experience to now coach TEs? I gotta say... still better than Mangini coaching TEs.

Chip likes this guy quite a bit apparently, we started hearing his name almost immediately after Chip was hired.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 26, 2016 at 3:27 PM ]
He looks like he can play the position as well in that second picture
Originally posted by Mdizzle27:
He looks like he can play the position as well in that second picture

That's Reggie Bush
"INNOVATIVE!"
That's Reggie Bush

LOL yeah I didn't realize it till now. The crack in the middle of my phone kind of obscured the picture.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by mcbaes72:

I actually wish they kept Soporano as the TE coach.
Another offensive coach with a strong background in the run game. IF Hyde stays healthy, we could have a very exciting run game.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I was hoping Tony Soprano stuck around too but Chip seemingly thinks very highly of Nixon so we'll see how he does.
Originally posted by walker807:
Another offensive coach with a strong background in the run game. IF Hyde stays healthy, we could have a very exciting run game.

agreed, and I liked what I saw from Draughn and Harris
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I was hoping Tony Soprano stuck around too but Chip seemingly thinks very highly of Nixon so we'll see how he does.

I'm thinking Kelly didn't or doesn't want any assistant with head coaching experience on this staff. Well at least that's what it seems like to me, that way they'll be no conflict.
Share 49ersWebzone