LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 246 users in the forums

Niners hire Jim O'Neil as DC

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/source-49ers-hire-oneil-defensive-coordinator/
Our long national nightmare is finally over.
Yay?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by niners94:
Yay?

None of us know. Browns D was good his first year then struggled last year with injuries.
meh
Originally posted by susweel:

"They hired me? For reals? I was so high too!"
Is this a good hire?

Can he be worse than Mangini or Tarver?
This is f**king b******t.
From the homepage.

From the official Cleveland Browns website:

In his first season as defensive coordinator, O'Neil's unit made significant increases in nearly every major defensive statistic, including red zone defense (29th in 2013 to fifth in 2014), third down defense (31st to 11th), points per game (23rd to ninth) and quarterback rating (16th to first). The team led the NFL in opponent completion percentage (57.1), opponent passer rating (74.1) and passes defensed (99). The Browns finished second in the league with 21 interceptions, the team's highest total since 2008, while also finishing tied for fourth in takeaways (29). Cleveland's defense also finished in the top-10 in the league in pass defense (fifth with 6.44 yards per attempt) and total defense (ninth with an average of 5.24 yards per play).

- See more at: http://www.49erswebzone.com/news/91267-49ers-hire-jim-oneil-defensive-coordinator-job/#sthash.dueGgUsW.dpuf

ok
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Zone gonna love this.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners418:
Originally posted by niners94:
Yay?

None of us know. Browns D was good his first year then struggled last year with injuries.

Pettine was running the defense last year and decided to step back this year to help with the offense.
How many browns coaches do we have now?
I guess Tarver goes back to ILB or OLB coach? I last heard he was leading candidate. I'm unimpressed with this hire. But felt same way when Kelly was named HC. Might as well keep the questionable hires going.
Share 49ersWebzone