LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

Assess Oline currently on the roster

Shop Find 49ers gear online
At the very least, we'll open 2016 with 4 different starters compared to what we started 2015 with.

2015 Staley -- Boone -- Martin -- Devey -- Pears
2016 Staley -- Beadles -- Kilgore -- Tiller -- Brown

I'd say that's a significant improvement already. I'm sure we'll add another player on Day 1 or 2 of the draft too.
Dayz, scouting reports have Tunsil as the best run blocker, a mauler. But they have Stanley as better pass protector, but a good run blocker also...just not is Tunsil's class. I have read where some have Stanley over Tunsil overall, but don't believe it. Still overall, Stanley would be an impact player. If we take Goff then no, we don't get our impact player this yr. We may still be able to eke out some starters from the DEs, DTs,. OLBs don't look like starters. Stanley would be.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Dayz, scouting reports have Tunsil as the best run blocker, a mauler. But they have Stanley as better pass protector, but a good run blocker also...just not is Tunsil's class. I have read where some have Stanley over Tunsil overall, but don't believe it. Still overall, Stanley would be an impact player. If we take Goff then no, we don't get our impact player this yr. We may still be able to eke out some starters from the DEs, DTs,. OLBs don't look like starters. Stanley would be.

I don't think Stanley is anywhere near Tunsil's level. The way Tunsil moves, with the right coaching he can be a cornerstone for years. Stanley is a good player but I don't see him in the same mold as Tunsil, but you are correct because with the right coaching Stanley could be a very good lineman as well. All in all I think Tunsil is the closest thing to a can't miss pick in this draft. I wouldn't take Stanley with the #7 pick, would you?

Drafting a QB with our current roster reminds me of the Alex Smith pick.
[ Edited by glorydayz on Apr 12, 2016 at 10:02 AM ]
Defcon 3
Originally posted by SofaKing:
At the very least, we'll open 2016 with 4 different starters compared to what we started 2015 with.

2015 Staley -- Boone -- Martin -- Devey -- Pears
2016 Staley -- Beadles -- Kilgore -- Tiller -- Brown

I'd say that's a significant improvement already. I'm sure we'll add another player on Day 1 or 2 of the draft too.

Agree

They may be a lot better than anticipated.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

I don't think Stanley is anywhere near Tunsil's level. The way Tunsil moves, with the right coaching he can be a cornerstone for years. Stanley is a good player but I don't see him in the same mold as Tunsil, but you are correct because with the right coaching Stanley could be a very good lineman as well. All in all I think Tunsil is the closest thing to a can't miss pick in this draft. I wouldn't take Stanley with the #7 pick, would you?

Drafting a QB with our current roster reminds me of the Alex Smith pick.

Agree, Tunsil is definitely better,

Also, I wouldn't take Stanley w/#7 either.

Trade back and get the OLine guy from Ohio State or pass rusher
Share 49ersWebzone