There are 189 users in the forums

Which current 49ers Tight end will have a breakout 2016?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which current 49ers Tight end will have a breakout 2016?

Belldozer is gonna be a bad ass I think.
Vance !
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Psinex:
That depends on who's starting at QB. If it's Gabbert, there could be continuity and a sense of chemistry to build upon with McDonald. He looked like a completely different player after the switch. If it's Kaepernick all bets are off.

You may be onto something.

Anyone have an idea what Kelly's TE' do in his system? How many are used?
He often employed two tight ends but moved Ertz all over the place, including the slot.

The TE is very inconsistent under Kellys system, Ertz had some big games down the stretch, for the most part was a non factor and lost a lot of snaps to celek because he couldn't block.

From what I've read, Vance is a pretty solid blocker. So he should continue to get plenty of snaps. I just think Kaepernick's flat line drive passes don't help receivers like Vance and Vernon, when he was still with us.
agreed 100%
The answer at TE isint on this team
How would u guys feel about Kellen Winslow? We can bring him in for cheap, and he's in great shape, been working on a comback this past year he wants to return next season. I'm all for it. 1yr 1mil what do we got to lose. He's talented, think he still has some left in the tank just needs motivation.
Originally posted by Baalkethegreat:
agreed 100%
The answer at TE isint on this team

Glad we agree Baalke
Here's my two guesses, neither currently on the team:

Veteran: Zach Miller, Chi
Rookie: Austin Hooper, Stanford
Not sure we need to go after over the hill prospects at TE.
How would u guys feel about Kellen Winslow? We can bring him in for cheap, and he's in great shape, been working on a comback this past year he wants to return next season. I'm all for it. 1yr 1mil what do we got to lose. He's talented, think he still has some left in the tank just needs motivation.
We will pick one up somewhere, but other than Vance for blocking, I would say the jury is out on the others.
I think if Celek can stay healthy, he's smart and underrated. They need 2 good viable TE. McD still has chance to be the other. Bell hasn't shown anything to say either way. We need depth at this position because they work in physical areas and traffic. Tight end around the league usually missed a few game a year due to injuries.

• Antix
  • Veteran
I like Celek. But if we're talking "breakout" itd have to be Busta. Our TEs arent all that inpressive tho.
[ Edited by Antix on Jan 26, 2016 at 7:51 AM ]
Vance is going to surprise a bunch of people this year...... (I hope)
My guess is blake or busta. Frying pan hands would to have some epiphany on consentration to be a real factor and neither he or celek have proven to be that durable.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by NCommand:
That depends on who's starting at QB. If it's Gabbert, there could be continuity and a sense of chemistry to build upon with McDonald. He looked like a completely different player after the switch. If it's Kaepernick all bets are off.

You may be onto something.

Anyone have an idea what Kelly's TE' do in his system? How many are used?
He often employed two tight ends but moved Ertz all over the place, including the slot.

The TE is very inconsistent under Kellys system, Ertz had some big games down the stretch, for the most part was a non factor and lost a lot of snaps to celek because he couldn't block.

From what I've read, Vance is a pretty solid blocker. So he should continue to get plenty of snaps. I just think Kaepernick's flat line drive passes don't help receivers like Vance and Vernon, when he was still with us.

True
Originally posted by strickac:
Here's my two guesses, neither currently on the team:

Veteran: Zach Miller, Chi
Rookie: Austin Hooper, Stanford

I like Zach Miller a lot
Share 49ersWebzone