LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Biggest Offseason Need?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Biggest Offseason Need?

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Get help in the trenches

This times 1000. Nothing good going to happen without good O and D line play. Carolina and Denver won because of superior line play. No QB or Wide receiver or DB going to do well without domination up front.
I think it's pretty apparent Myles Jack will be the pick. Its about as obvious as us taking Iupati and Reid. ILB is an obvious need and Jack is not only the best at that spot...he is a top 5 talent. As long as he slips...he is the pick.
No black

...uniforms
Buckner
The most and obvious glaring need is the OFFENSIVE line.

The second is getting some defensive backups that are able to give the starters some rest.
Because with Kelly's offense, the defense will be out there more often and most games are won in the fourth quarter.

If I recall, Stanford has such a system, where they have a 2nd unit that comes in and relieves the starters.
Makes a lot of sense to me.
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:

The second is getting some defensive backups that are able to give the starters some rest.
Because with Kelly's offense, the defense will be out there more often and most games are won in the fourth quarter.

If I recall, Stanford has such a system, where they have a 2nd unit that comes in and relieves the starters.

It is the offensive line...but it's not at tackle, which is the issue with going OL @ #7.

I think that other ILB needs to be taken care of this draft because Wilhoite was obviously out of his league as a full time starter. Jack is the best prospect of the available guys at that spot so you take him.
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:

It is the offensive line...but it's not at tackle, which is the issue with going OL @ #7.

I think that other ILB needs to be taken care of this draft because Wilhoite was obviously out of his league as a full time starter. Jack is the best prospect of the available guys at that spot so you take him.

Who do you project as the Niners starting RT this year and future LT when Staley slows down?
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
Smarter coaching
And I think it's been fixed
[ Edited by JoNeo on Jan 27, 2016 at 1:13 AM ]
TE is a need of ours that gets overlooked. Hope we draft or sign one. Shouldve traded for Martellus Bennett
A fresh face to oversee football operations.

Originally posted by TheWooLick:
A fresh face to oversee football operations.

Lol that would be nice
I'd love to get Buckner BUT as time goes by I'm feeling he'll be gone by #7.

RGIII signed by Browns changes the dynamic a bit.

Will they go QB w/#2 or go QB in 2nd or 3rd or trade it to someone else??

If Wentz or Goff fall to Dallas I can't see them passing on one of them no matter what JJ says.

For us - I'm totally confused as to what Trent will do.
[ Edited by LasVegasWally on Mar 25, 2016 at 11:21 AM ]
From "football is won in the trenches." to "big guys beat up little guys"

If my lineman can impose their will on you, I will have a better chance of winning . If your defensive lineman impose their will on me, I will probably struggle. It's such an easy concept. Whether that be gap blocking, man blocking or zone blocking, if my big uglies move your big uglies to spots they don't want to be, I probably win that play.

I had a former NFL coach, that I happen to know through a friend, tell me something that I teach to my teams now. And it's this.

If my bullies can push your bullies enough for my running back to gain 3.4 ypc, I can't be stopped.
[ Edited by TexasDuck on Mar 25, 2016 at 12:23 PM ]
Talent. Period.
OL, RB, WR, QB, DL, CB, MLB, OLB, PR/KR
Share 49ersWebzone