LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 289 users in the forums

On the eve of the NFC and AFC Title Games, I pose a query

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
How long will it take our Head Ball Coach, Chip Kelly of Oregon fame and Philadelphia scorn, to return this once proud franchise back to the NFC Championship game (Why not the Super Bowl? Because you still have to win the NFC title to go to the bloody game.)? Not only must you give a number, but you must offer up why it will take him that amount of time to do so.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
To spice things up, I will add this, courtesy of ESPN:
2016 record: 8-9 (win wildcard)
2017 record: 9-8 (lose wildcard)
2018 record: 8-8
2019 record: 3-5 (then fired)
Originally posted by fropwns:
How long will it take our Head Ball Coach, Chip Kelly of Oregon fame and Philadelphia scorn, to return this once proud franchise back to the NFC Championship game (Why not the Super Bowl? Because you still have to win the NFC title to go to the bloody game.)? Not only must you give a number, but you must offer up why it will take him that amount of time to do so.

I'm going to wait and see what we do in free agency and the draft prior to making predictions. If we land a few good additions in free agency and draft well we can compete for a wild card spot next year
Playoffs first season
Superbowl WIN second season
It all depends on the Pathetic GM the Yorks continue to Employ for some Odd reason. We could have Bellichick, Walsh as HC/OC and the team would be stuck in mud with all the 3rd rounders Baalke drafts in the 1st round and all the 7th rounders Baalke Drafts in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
The Paul Westhead of the NFL isn't going to win anything of significance until he realizes he is in the NFL, not college.
I don't see a SB on the horizon. If Chip gives us a winning season next year, I think maybe we could compete for a Wildcard the year after. I don't see us winning the NFC West anytime soon.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

wow, that's really optimistic...

2016 - I am thinking between 6-9 wins next season as we try to find our groove. The games will be more competitive, and the offense should naturally be much better than the past 15 years. The defense will be a concern and could be the reason we lose some games next year (i.e. PITT of 2015). My biggest concern about our offense is the QB position. If we get a stud rookie that shines and comes in strong, that will make all the difference.

2017 - build on 2016 and probably make the playoffs. Hopefully we have our QB thing set by this season and are building a stronger defense and more cohesion on offense. I am hoping by this point, our offense is clicking so well, that teams have to play more aggressive

2018 - hoping to make a deep playoff / SB run.
Well we got 5 wins with a horrible Coching staff and a bunch of young talent...another year for this young squad to vote an a real coaching staff, I wouldn't be surprise at 8-9 wins in year one

• jrg
  • Veteran
16-0 and SB win next year

chip goes into hall of fame

let's go

Originally posted by jrg:
16-0 and SB win next year

chip goes into hall of fame

let's go

where's that dude that would use the stars to predict when we win?
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
where's that dude that would use the stars to predict when we win?

I screenshot a bunch of those posts cus they were so entertaining.
Wait, it was the numerology dude...
Whatever.
To infinity and beyond!
Scoring more than 15PPG will help.
Postseason is a crapshoot.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

No chance, 8-8 and 9-7 doesn't make playoffs as a WC. Only way that happens is if the division implodes which also isn't likely.
Share 49ersWebzone