LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

How quick can the offense have success?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How quick can the offense have success?

All depends on qb play.
Chip is licking his chops. 2 athletic QBs and yes Gabbert is one of the fastest QBs in the league.
[ Edited by traitmanz on Jan 24, 2016 at 1:40 AM ]
What time is it now?
I think we'll look like the Greatest Show On Turf during the preseason and the faithful will be beaming with excitement. Then we'll come out flat early in the season. I'm going to try to hold back judgement until the second half of the year.

I'm just thinking back to his first year in Philly when people doubted him, then he finally got it rolling around mid season.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
It doesn't seem like we'll need much of an O-line becasue of the quick throws and open offense. It'll be like the Patriots offense.
given the results this last season, from day one. Anyone here, even EH, could improve the offensive outcome significantly in a heartbeat.
Success meaning what exactly? I'll interpret success as the 49ers getting back into the play-offs.....so yeah, I think with a good draft, good FA signings, and much improved coaching staff in place, we do have a legitimate shot at seeing the play-offs again.....realistically as a wildcard but it sure would be good to win the west again!!
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
We're putting an 80 burger on Seattle .

This ^
Success means a minimum of 9 wins...so that is possible with a decent draft and smart FA signings... Depending on our DC turning things around. I believe Chip will fix the Offense.
Our OL play improved quite a bit when they finally made personnel changes. Couple that with Gabbert's faster release, and key cogs that have not been used effectively on offense. I am on the very small boat that thinks we just need a solid backup RB, better QB play (from a FA, Gabs, or rookie), and a RG or RT.

RB - I think Hyde will flourish in Kelly's scheme, but not much behind him if he can't stay healthy
TE - McDonald, Celek, and Bell are good enough to get what we need from the TE position
OL - Staley, Boone (assuming he stays), Kilgore, FA or Rookie RG, Brown/FA/Rookie will make an average line. Good enough for the fast tempo offense
WR - Smith, Boldin, and Patton are all solid. We have some young guns, but they are as unknown as a free agent or rookie. We need a big body possession type of guy like a dez bryant, or a speedy guy like antonio brown
QB - biggest question mark for me. I don't think Kap can be an NFL QB and I liked what I saw from Gabbert, but not sure he is anything more than a short term answer.

We can fix OL in the draft, then grab a QB or WR in the first, and a backup RB in the second or third rounds

Share 49ersWebzone