There are 276 users in the forums

Niners hire Curtis Modkins as OC

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Arent OC's are pretty much useless with chips O

It depends to what degree Chip allows him to be involved. There are other head coaches both offensive and defensive that call their own plays and they don't all don't distribute their duties the same way.

Some head coaches that call their own plays will allow their coordinator's to be more involved in the game plan design, going as far as having them design a specific part of it...the passing game, the running game, the red zone attack, etc. Other head coaches want somebody thats a good communicator and teacher and can be an asset in assisting with teaching the weekly game plan to the position groups. Some coaches want their coordinators positioned at a different part of the field on game day to get a different perspective throughout a game on what the offense/defense may be doing to assist with helping the head coach calling his plays. Some coaches make their coordinators in charge of coordinating parts of practice and the drills. Some of the coordinators will be assigned to watch film for their opponents and give intel on the best way to attack them. Some coordinators are responsible for designing situational outlines (ex if we are in 3rd and 10, this is my suggestion based of what I see from opponent film tendencies combined with our personnel's strengths). There are several different ways for them to be involved without calling the plays, but every situation is unique because it depends on the head coach and how they think. But, regardless of whether a offensive or defensive coordinator is calling plays, they can still have a print on the team's success's or failure's.

Long story short, in chips scheme/O

Unfortunately I can't answer that for you my man, only the players, position coaches and or Chip/Modkins can. To my knowledge Modkins has never said exactly everything that he does. The only thing that I remember him saying is that he'll most likely be in the box on gamedays assisting.

Right on
Pretty safe to say if offense is effing up or up to no good... It's fair to blame chip&/or personnel.
Since OC's and GM's are being held accountable, this guy is letting 6 and 7 man fronts beat our run Defense. Either him and or the OL coach need to improve the run blocking schemes.

Why is it that whenever one area improves, coverage and pass blocking, the other piece to that puzzle starts playing like crap, DL and run blocking.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Since OC's and GM's are being held accountable, this guy is letting 6 and 7 man fronts beat our run Defense. Either him and or the OL coach need to improve the run blocking schemes.

Why is it that whenever one area improves, coverage and pass blocking, the other piece to that puzzle starts playing like crap, DL and run blocking.

Modkins is no more then window dressing. All complaints should be directed at chipolte imo
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Modkins is no more then window dressing. All complaints should be directed at chipolte imo

+1

Defense in a way should be on him also. He's the HC not the OC he is responsible for all facets of his team.
He looks like that guy who was always on Chappelle Show. Ashy Larry.
[ Edited by CityKing415 on Oct 19, 2016 at 11:59 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone