LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 136 users in the forums

Niners hire Curtis Modkins as OC

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Really liking what he's gonna bring to our run game and help to Kelly emphasizing on it like he has in the past. Hope our QB doesn't need to throw unless it's to blow teams out. Use those extra starting caliber linemen and RBs to constantly rotate and run down hill all day.

This. Pound teams into submission after getting a lead & just wear them out
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Really liking what he's gonna bring to our run game and help to Kelly emphasizing on it like he has in the past. Hope our QB doesn't need to throw unless it's to blow teams out. Use those extra starting caliber linemen and RBs to constantly rotate and run down hill all day.

Then when you have them on the ropes you get to toy with them and pass as they're stacking up the box. I'm praying we blow out the Rams week one and we carry momentum to have the squad thinking we can make some noise this year, eff the ESPN power rankings.
This guy is a loser.
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for SmokeCrabtrees.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
This guy is a loser.

Say what you want but he has a proven track record of establishing top notch running games.. So just think of him as a run game coordinator really. Chips calling the shots.
Originally posted by tohara3:

Be nice to actually do that instead of just being perceived to be able to do that but actually be mediocre at continuing drives.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/news/97478-transcript-curtis-modkins-previews-season-opener-against-rams/
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by pdizo916:
This guy is a loser.

You should be the O.C.
LOL. Why does this comment remind me...

"I don't know about sparks," Modkins said. "We think it will give us the best chance to win on Sunday. I'm not into sparks or anything like that. So, I'm anticipating that it gives us the best chance and that's the decision we made.

...of these comments (Sinlgetary):

"Don't base a man's entire career on a dad-gum 'Yahoo!' commercial" is a personal favorite, and "I don't even want to talk about the 'Yahoo!' deal ... it really pisses me off now that I sit here and think about it ... I don't want to talk about the 'Yahoo!' thing anymore"

Who isn't into sparks? Haha
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NCommand:

"I don't know about sparks," Modkins said. "We think it will give us the best chance to win on Sunday. I'm not into sparks or anything like that. So, I'm anticipating that it gives us the best chance and that's the decision we made.

"Don't base a man's entire career on a dad-gum 'Yahoo!' commercial" is a personal favorite, and "I don't even want to talk about the 'Yahoo!' deal ... it really pisses me off now that I sit here and think about it ... I don't want to talk about the 'Yahoo!' thing anymore"

why ? cuz they both black ?

Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by NCommand:

why ? cuz they both black ?

I remember that interview. That thing was viral for a little while.

Arent OC's are pretty much useless with chips O
Modkin's probably hating it here.

Mod: Hey coach, if we can add a little wrinkle where we shift into the I formation to catch the defense off guard, I have designed a great run play to gain 20 yards.
Chip: TrolLolololol!
Mod: I can't wait to get out of here...wasting my talents.
Originally posted by Allx9er:

It depends to what degree Chip allows him to be involved. There are other head coaches both offensive and defensive that call their own plays and they don't all don't distribute their duties the same way.

Some head coaches that call their own plays will allow their coordinator's to be more involved in the game plan design, going as far as having them design a specific part of it...the passing game, the running game, the red zone attack, etc. Other head coaches want somebody thats a good communicator and teacher and can be an asset in assisting with teaching the weekly game plan to the position groups. Some coaches want their coordinators positioned at a different part of the field on game day to get a different perspective throughout a game on what the offense/defense may be doing to assist with helping the head coach calling his plays. Some coaches make their coordinators in charge of coordinating parts of practice and the drills. Some of the coordinators will be assigned to watch film for their opponents and give intel on the best way to attack them. Some coordinators are responsible for designing situational outlines (ex if we are in 3rd and 10, this is my suggestion based of what I see from opponent film tendencies combined with our personnel's strengths). There are several different ways for them to be involved without calling the plays, but every situation is unique because it depends on the head coach and how they think. If The head coach is calling his own plays then he will assign his coordinator a series of tasks that usually involve a combination of some of the things that I posted above and or some things that I probably forgot.

But, regardless of whether a offensive or defensive coordinator is calling plays, they can still have a print on the team's success's or failure's.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Oct 12, 2016 at 2:55 PM ]
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

It depends to what degree Chip allows him to be involved. There are other head coaches both offensive and defensive that call their own plays and they don't all don't distribute their duties the same way.

Some head coaches that call their own plays will allow their coordinator's to be more involved in the game plan design, going as far as having them design a specific part of it...the passing game, the running game, the red zone attack, etc. Other head coaches want somebody thats a good communicator and teacher and can be an asset in assisting with teaching the weekly game plan to the position groups. Some coaches want their coordinators positioned at a different part of the field on game day to get a different perspective throughout a game on what the offense/defense may be doing to assist with helping the head coach calling his plays. Some coaches make their coordinators in charge of coordinating parts of practice and the drills. Some of the coordinators will be assigned to watch film for their opponents and give intel on the best way to attack them. Some coordinators are responsible for designing situational outlines (ex if we are in 3rd and 10, this is my suggestion based of what I see from opponent film tendencies combined with our personnel's strengths). There are several different ways for them to be involved without calling the plays, but every situation is unique because it depends on the head coach and how they think. But, regardless of whether a offensive or defensive coordinator is calling plays, they can still have a print on the team's success's or failure's.

Long story short, in chips scheme/O
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

Some head coaches that call their own plays will allow their coordinator's to be more involved in the game plan design, going as far as having them design a specific part of it...the passing game, the running game, the red zone attack, etc. Other head coaches want somebody thats a good communicator and teacher and can be an asset in assisting with teaching the weekly game plan to the position groups. Some coaches want their coordinators positioned at a different part of the field on game day to get a different perspective throughout a game on what the offense/defense may be doing to assist with helping the head coach calling his plays. Some coaches make their coordinators in charge of coordinating parts of practice and the drills. Some of the coordinators will be assigned to watch film for their opponents and give intel on the best way to attack them. Some coordinators are responsible for designing situational outlines (ex if we are in 3rd and 10, this is my suggestion based of what I see from opponent film tendencies combined with our personnel's strengths). There are several different ways for them to be involved without calling the plays, but every situation is unique because it depends on the head coach and how they think. But, regardless of whether a offensive or defensive coordinator is calling plays, they can still have a print on the team's success's or failure's.

Long story short, in chips scheme/O

Unfortunately I can't answer that for you my man, only the players, position coaches and or Chip/Modkins can. To my knowledge Modkins has never said exactly everything that he does. The only thing that I remember him saying is that he'll most likely be in the box on gamedays assisting.
Share 49ersWebzone