LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 310 users in the forums

Niners hire Curtis Modkins as OC

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
I was trying to figure out Modkins connection to Kelly. Then I found it. Modkins and our WR coach Bicknell worked together in BUFF.

Boom. It's funny that Tomsula couldn't get Bicknell to be the OC last year and Kelly gets him as a WR coach here
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:
I was trying to figure out Modkins connection to Kelly. Then I found it. Modkins and our WR coach Bicknell worked together in BUFF.

Boom. It's funny that Tomsula couldn't get Bicknell to be the OC last year and Kelly gets him as a WR coach here

Would you want to work for Tomsula if you didn't have to?

Bicknell did a solid job the last few years with the eagles wide receivers so my guess is that he wanted to hold out for a hopeful and or eventual better offer down the road.

I think most people looked at Tomsula as a sinking ship the min he was named head coach. I even read that the only reason the niners got some of the solid position coaches that they did was because they had to offer 3 year contracts.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Feb 3, 2016 at 3:58 AM ]
Niners Nation ‏@NinersNation 4m4 minutes ago

Modkins on experience in up tempo: Had ability first year in Detroit, but didn't really do much of it. Not on consistent basis in SF

Modkins: Expects to be upstairs in coordinator booth on game-day. Thinks he can see a little better up top, better to communicate w/Chip
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

Modkins: Expects to be upstairs in coordinator booth on game-day. Thinks he can see a little better up top, better to communicate w/Chip

looks like jcool has competition
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

lmao
Originally posted by Jcool:

Hahaha! I don't think you could have picked a better response.

HA
I actually enjoyed his time at the podium yesterday. So far it seems like the level of competence of the assistants Chip hired is light years ahead of last season.

Would you want to work for Tomsula if you didn't have to?

This.
Really liking what he's gonna bring to our run game and help to Kelly emphasizing on it like he has in the past. Hope our QB doesn't need to throw unless it's to blow teams out. Use those extra starting caliber linemen and RBs to constantly rotate and run down hill all day.
Share 49ersWebzone