LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

CFL standout WR Eric Rogers

Shop 49ers game tickets
This is a classic example of get the most you can because it can be over in an instant. I hope Rogers can make it back.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by okdkid:
I have (for today):

X WR (LEFT): Jerome Simpson; DeAndre Smelter
Y WR (SLOT): Bruce Ellington; Aaron Burbridge
Z WR (RIGHT): Torrey Smith; Bryce Treggs

The only locks I have are Smith and Ellington. Everyone else is on the bubble.

I think Smelter is a lock. No way they offer him back to the world after the time they've put into him.

He certainly has a license to not only be a lock but win a starting spot...although the 3rd and 4th WR will get plenty of balls too.

I still have hopes for Patton, I think he makes it. Burbridge is going to surprise people, he caught everything at MSU, and Connor Cook threw a hard ball.

I hope Smelter shows something in camp/preseason. Sucks about Rogers, was looking forward to seeing him play.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by okdkid:
I have (for today):

X WR (LEFT): Jerome Simpson; DeAndre Smelter
Y WR (SLOT): Bruce Ellington; Aaron Burbridge
Z WR (RIGHT): Torrey Smith; Bryce Treggs

The only locks I have are Smith and Ellington. Everyone else is on the bubble.

I think Smelter is a lock. No way they offer him back to the world after the time they've put into him.

He certainly has a license to not only be a lock but win a starting spot...although the 3rd and 4th WR will get plenty of balls too.

I still have hopes for Patton, I think he makes it. Burbridge is going to surprise people, he caught everything at MSU, and Connor Cook threw a hard ball.

I hope Smelter shows something in camp/preseason. Sucks about Rogers, was looking forward to seeing him play.

That's very possible. It sounds like Patton is having a nice camp. He's the veteran. Smelter would certainly have an uphill battle to climb to beat him out. Certainly agree on Burbridge...Ellington is always hurt.
Except for Rogers, we won't be carrying any WRs forward from here if injured. Time to fish or cut bait....and if you can't fish because of injury, then adios. This has gone on what like seems forever. This yr, this camp, we get rid of chronically injured or guys with potential. We have to move past that now. And Chip will. Rogers gets a pass this yr, natch.
I forgot about this guy! Hopefully he can do something this season with us!!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:
I forgot about this guy! Hopefully he can do something this season with us!!

f**k him, he is garbage, lets stop experimenting with s**t. lets get some bonafide good people in here that have some sort of a good nfl resume, the hell with the cfl. the hell with taking chances and hope they pan out, the hell with with projects. i do not care if there were hurt or not last year, that is their problem. if they did not contribute in a meaning full way,, dump em. scrape em off. f**k em
Originally posted by cciowa:
f**k him, he is garbage, lets stop experimenting with s**t. lets get some bonafide good people in here that have some sort of a good nfl resume, the hell with the cfl. the hell with taking chances and hope they pan out, the hell with with projects. i do not care if there were hurt or not last year, that is their problem. if they did not contribute in a meaning full way,, dump em. scrape em off. f**k em

Do drafted rookies have a good NFL resume?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Originally posted by cciowa:

Do drafted rookies have a good NFL resume?
what i should have said are free agents and yes projects no matter if they are a rookie or a free agent.
He has really good size and nice hands. There where some very good things about him coming out up until he got hurt.
Get rid of him. This is one of Baalkes bonehead pickups.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Get rid of him. This is one of Baalkes bonehead pickups.

agree, f**k him and the horse he limped in on
Originally posted by stonecold590:
He has really good size and nice hands. There where some very good things about him coming out up until he got hurt.

Yeah, he was supposed to be that Z we missed all year long. Bummer we never got to see him make the field. Kyle will know what to do with him if he has the skill set. He certainly has the size...measurables.
Can we get rid of Patton 1st, i say keep him around camp N lets see what this kid is made of i am sure if healthy he can really show he can actually contribute on a consitant basis unlike sorry ass Patton.

Yeah, he was supposed to be that Z we missed all year long. Bummer we never got to see him make the field. Kyle will know what to do with him if he has the skill set. He certainly has the size...measurables.

Exactly, if he has the stuff Shannahan will keep him around

Think he could fit into Shanahan's offense quite well
Share 49ersWebzone