LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

CFL standout WR Eric Rogers

Shop 49ers game tickets
I would love for this guy to show this season. We need to resurrect the WR position.
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
I would love for this guy to show this season. We need to resurrect the WR position.

Resurrecting the WR position requires having a coach that actually realistically plans out the game targeting them. Hopefully that will happen now under Kelly.
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
I think, he is probably not a great cuz CFL is all bust. But.. wait n see in preseason games.

most of them are bust but some turn out pretty good. Browner came from CFL and that new CB breaux was the best CB for the saints. I know that doesnt say much but he added value to the defense.
I think, he is probably not a great cuz CFL is all bust. But.. wait n see in preseason games.

Warren Moon, Doug Flutie, Jeff Garcia, Cameron Wake.....
Originally posted by mojave45:

Resurrecting the WR position requires having a coach that actually realistically plans out the game targeting them. Hopefully that will happen now under Kelly.

Agree

JT as terrible and it showed.

New chapter and finally an offensive minded coach.
Originally posted by KajunNiner:

Ditto!
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Agree

If Chip can get production out of a Riliey Cooper, I think we'll be in good shape with the raw materials he has to work with in our WR corps.
[ Edited by 21SandersMoss84 on May 2, 2016 at 2:33 PM ]

Agree

If Chip can get production out of a Riliey Cooper, I think we'll be good shape with the raw materials he has to work with in our WR corps.

true
[ Edited by JustinNiner on May 2, 2016 at 11:55 AM ]
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

Agree

If Chip can get production out of a Riliey Cooper, I think we'll be good shape with the raw materials he has to work with in our WR corps.

true

I disagree.

I think Chip will improve things, certainly (last year was as bad as you can get). But we still don't have enough talent at the WR position to reasonably expect a real improvement in production there.

You can't keep drafting 3rd tier WRs later in the draft and expect to get studs that way. If you want a truly dangerous passing attack you have to invest a little more in the WR position. Either pony up for a top end FA or draft a top prospect. We've been shopping for WRs exclusively in the bargain bin for years, hoping to just get lucky. But that's as delusional as drafting QBs in the 6th and just hoping you get the next Brady. Oh wait.......
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I disagree.

I think Chip will improve things, certainly (last year was as bad as you can get). But we still don't have enough talent at the WR position to reasonably expect a real improvement in production there.

You can't keep drafting 3rd tier WRs later in the draft and expect to get studs that way. If you want a truly dangerous passing attack you have to invest a little more in the WR position. Either pony up for a top end FA or draft a top prospect. We've been shopping for WRs exclusively in the bargain bin for years, hoping to just get lucky. But that's as delusional as drafting QBs in the 6th and just hoping you get the next Brady. Oh wait.......

Pats and Seahawks never have. None of the Packers or Steelers guys were first rounders.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by mr49er:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcduyYJRnvA

He looks like Randy Moss in that video. Mostly because he's tall and slender. I like the way he snatches the ball with his hands and can make adjustments to make the catch. One thing that I question is how good he can be getting down field without the forward motion thing that they can do in the CFL. That's not to say he can't do it, but it remains to be seen. Looking forward to seeing him out there this year.

I like this guy, he looks like an endzone threat. In the first 3.30mins of the highlights he knows when to take the ball out in front away from the defender and when there is pressure coming to take the ball on the chest to protect the ball from being dislodged also his overhead catches (reaching up) he reads the flight of the ball well, knows when to jump. Maybe also knows how to land having been a top triple jumper, strong joints?

Might need a QB can throw lobs to his advantage in the endzone. Gabbert can, Kaep you up for this?

Will be keeping an eye on his progress
Good s**t. One WR closer to Patton getting cut.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by KajunNiner:

Ditto!

Somewhere right now, Kurt Warner has a tear rolling down his cheek.
CfL looked likes very easy and soft defense. I am not sure if Eric Rogers is good a football player? I doubt it.. wait n see at preseason in August

The field is bigger than the NFL, wr have a running start.

Still, he has more experience than many other man not named Torey. If he was 6-0 or ordinary then I doubt his chances. Those long arms and 6-3 frame At the very least, move the chains and red zone target

Agree. This would be so great if this could workout in our favor this year!
Share 49ersWebzone