LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

2016 49ers Coaching Staff

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
poor Saleh has to deal with all 3 starting LB's being out and our corner backs sucking. On top of that cutting Brooks and A. Lynch being a lazy bum.

poor coach?? lol... the guy who has no idea how to use people.. the guy who thought it was a nice idea to go soft in ot vs the cards and he was responsible for losing that game in my opinion. he is terrible and is a reason why our defense is terrible. we lose fairly close to average to below average teams and then against the upper tier teams like sunday. well we get abused. poor coach my foot

Saleh had a FS playing LB and a NT out in coverage...that should say all that needs to be said about him.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
Saleh had a FS playing LB and a NT out in coverage...that should say all that needs to be said about him.
of course this is the truth
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
McVay was smart to hire a seasoned HC as DC.

He had a massive head start to do so. As was Harbaugh with Fangio. Neither have to waste one second thinking about the defense.

I'm very curious to see what Kyle does with Saleh this off season. The system is great...play calling within it, designs, technique, personnel choices, development,
etc. are not.

Will a top notch DC become available?

poor Saleh has to deal with all 3 starting LB's being out and our corner backs sucking. On top of that cutting Brooks and A. Lynch being a lazy bum.

I'm not blaming Saleh for the things out of his control but here is a little list of done by OTC and myself.

Things that aren't Saleh's fault:

1. The fact that we have zero edge rusher talent and the ones who were getting after the QB (Armstead/Carradine) got hurt.

2. Bowman got released, Foster keeps getting hurt, and Coyle just plain sucks.

3. Robinson can't keep his hands off receivers to save his life and we have no one better to replace him with.

4. Reid missed several games with an injury

5. Our offense can't sustain drives so we're constantly gassed on D.

Things that are his fault
:
1. Coaching up the scrape exchange on the Read Option

2. Running the most zone in the NFL when he has 4 man CB's

3. Coaching up the screen pass defense

4. "Trail technique" for CB's who have played man their entire careers opposite of this technique

5. Uncontested routes at the LOS (free release) and large cushions on 3rd downs

6. Odd spacing for the interior two DL (3-5 yards apart at times) leaving gaping holes to run through inside on simple checks and dropping NT's in coverage

7. He still struggles with knowing his own personnel and where best to play them

8. Says a rookie should learn one position (Foster) but then asks ST to learn 4 at once

9. Slow in-game recognition of how the offense is attacking and I have yet to notice a second half adjustment

10. Philosophy is team tackling and very sound fundamentals yet we lead the league in missed tackles
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 24, 2017 at 8:55 AM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
McVay was smart to hire a seasoned HC as DC.

He had a massive head start to do so. As was Harbaugh with Fangio. Neither have to waste one second thinking about the defense.

I'm very curious to see what Kyle does with Saleh this off season. The system is great...play calling within it, designs, technique, personnel choices, development,
etc. are not.

Will a top notch DC become available?

I'm not blaming Saleh for the things out of his control but here is a little list of done by OTC and myself.

Things that aren't Saleh's fault:

1. The fact that we have zero edge rusher talent and the ones who were getting after the QB (Armstead/Carradine) got hurt.

2. Bowman got released, Foster keeps getting hurt, and Coyle just plain sucks.

3. Robinson can't keep his hands off receivers to save his life and we have no one better to replace him with.

4. Reid missed several games with an injury

5. Our offense can't sustain drives so we're constantly gassed on D.

Things that are his fault
:
1. Coaching up the scrape exchange on the Read Option

2. Running the most zone in the NFL when he has 4 man CB's

3. Coaching up the screen pass defense

4. "Trail technique" for CB's who have played man their entire careers opposite of this technique

5. Uncontested routes at the LOS (free release) and large cushions on 3rd downs

6. Odd spacing for the interior two DL (3-5 yards apart at times) leaving gaping holes to run through inside on simple checks and dropping NT's in coverage

7. He still struggles with knowing his own personnel and where best to play them

8. Says a rookie should learn one position (Foster) but then asks ST to learn 4 at once

9. Slow in-game recognition of how the offense is attacking and I have yet to notice a second half adjustment

10. Philosophy is team tackling and very sound fundamentals yet we lead the league in missed tackles

This right here is the worst sin of his....why he needs to get replaced.
Originally posted by jcs:
This right here is the worst sin of his....why he needs to get replaced.

That and #10 are huge for me. If you have a basic philosophy and you can't get your players to do it, you can't teach.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
That and #10 are huge for me. If you have a basic philosophy and you can't get your players to do it, you can't teach.

poor tackling is all on coaches in my opinion. and the love fest they seem to have with people like aa and eli are beyond comprehension to me
Originally posted by cciowa:

poor tackling is all on coaches in my opinion.

That was my original point.
Share 49ersWebzone