There are 243 users in the forums

Which Players will Chip and Trent Discard or Keep?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Janitor:
None, Kelly doesn't control the roster

I think there's a misunderstanding some new users don't understand is that, Chip will not have control of player management otherwise Balkkee would not have hired him.
Originally posted by CityKing415:
Dorsey
Devey
Pears
Brock
Bethea
Simpson
TJE
Lemonhead

I could see that. I think Dorsey or TJE stays. We're expected to add another DE, so one of them walks for sure.
Every WR not named Boldin and Smelter.

Dump McDonald
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
Every WR not named Boldin and Smelter.

Dump McDonald

You mean get rid of the only speed at WR and the guys who best fit into his offense. Yeah, that's not happening.

In addition Kelly doesn't have control of the roster, the final say goes to Baalke.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 17, 2016 at 7:05 AM ]
Phil Dawson
Originally posted by KarnivoolFan:
Phil Dawson

Go for it in red zone / for 2pter after TD EVERY TIME
Devey Pears, Ahmad Brooks, Marcus Martin, Wilhoite, Lemonier, Anquan
Offense & ST only:

Veterans (Seasoned):
Z WR: Anquan Boldin (URFA) - Gone. Way too slow in a "fast offense."
LT: Joe Staley - He's going to be a critical piece to this offense and is going to love how quickly the ball gets out.
PK: Phil Dawson (URFA) - PK Corey Acosta will most likely win this one finally.

Veterans (Cornerstones):
FB: Bruce Miller - Sounds like he may be perfect trade bait. Kelly doesn't use a FB is my understanding.
X WR: Torrey Smith - If any player just got a new lease on life, it's this guy (not CK).

QB's:
QB: Blaine Gabbert - Probably the best fit Kelly has ever had for his offense. I have no doubt he'll beat out CK but will politics win out for CK?
QB: Colin Kaepernick - "Scheme the receiver open..." Does anyone really want to go down this Anointed Receiver (AR)-road again? Team never communicated to him during the hiring process ala Eli Manning in New York. It'll be up to Chip Kelly but if CK can pass a physical, he could be gone before April 1st. If he can't, he may stay here and compete.

Free Agents (Keepers):
LG: Alex Boone (URFA) - Pretty athletic G so he might actually be a decent fit here now. Last year, in his contract year, he was a below-average G who if he tests the market, will still probably get $6M in FA.
TE: Garrett Celek (URFA) - Could be a perfect resign and big-time player in Chip's offense.

Young Core (High-Ceiling Starters or Key Role-Players:
RB1: Carlos Hyde - CH has the biggest boner right now.
RB2: DuJuan Harris - Here is another with a raging boner with Chip on board.
RB2: Shaun Draughn - Need to evaluate him more.
RB2/ST: Jarryd Hayne - Might get some catches out in space in this offense but has to make it first on ST.
TE: Blake Bell - Keep an eye on this one in Kelly's offense!
TE: Vance McDonald - Finished strong catching the ball. Now doubt this will be emphasized in Chip's practices and he's a monster in space (blocking or YAC)
LG: Andrew Tiller - Once Chip threw his two G's away, they basically tanked. With conditioning, Tiller has the chance to become special now.
C: Daniel Kilgore - My biggest concern about Kilgore is his strength and power. But IQ and athleticism will be highlighted in a C in Chips offense. That bodes well for Kilgore's future.
RT: Trenton Brown - It's safe to say, he and Anthony Davis are already hitting the treadmill (literally).
LS: Kyle Nelson - Lock.
P: Bradley Pinion - Lock. Hopefully far less punts next year but Chips offense CAN rack up the 3-and-outs too. So be ready.

Young (Need Further Evaluation/Potential Starters):
QB: Dylan Thompson - Doubt he's a fit.
QB: McLeod Bethel-Thompson - Buh-bye.
RB2: Mike Davis - After Hyde, Davis probably is the most excited about this move. This system fits him perfectly. Don't be surprised to see him leap big time this off season.
H-Back: Busta Anderson - If Chip doesn't use a FB, I doubt we have a place for him now.
Z WR (SLOT) : Quinton Patton - Every single WR has a chance to make a name for themselves in this offense. Every one! The question is, who will learn it quickest?
Y WR (SLOT): Bruce Ellington - See Quinton Patton.
Y WR (SLOT): DeAndrew White - See Quinton Patton.
Z WR: DeAndre Smelter - See Quinton Patton.
Z WR: Dres Anderson - See Quinton Patton.
C: Ian Silberman - With the return of the ZBS, Ian has another chance here.
RG: Marcus Martin - Fat boy is probably done now in this system.
RG: Brandon Thomas - Big boy too will have to get into big time shape. G's are critical to Kelly's system. Is he healthy enough? Smart enough? Athletic and mobile enough?

Future in Question:
RB: Reggie Bush (URFA) - Buh-bye.
RB: Kendall Gaskins (ERFA) - Buh-bye.
X WR: Jerome Simpson - Buh-bye.
LG: Jordan Devey (ERFA) - Buh-bye.
RT: Erik Pears - Most likely Buh-bye. But he is signed through next year and has played decent at G, which, apparently, was why he was brought in (backup G with some T experience).

Practice Squad:
QB McLeod Bethel-Thompson - Buh-bye.
OL Colin Kelly - No clue.
WR DiAndre Campbell - See Quinton Patton.
TE Jamie Childers - No clue.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 17, 2016 at 7:16 AM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Devey Pears, Ahmad Brooks, Marcus Martin, Wilhoite, Lemonier, Anquan

We need Q. He can fit into this offense and we need his veteran leadership in the locker room.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Anthony Davis. He should stay gone. Very replaceable. The dude think this team still needs him badly. lol

Apparently he wasn't very replaceable

Very much this

Originally posted by NikeSBHead:
I think there's a misunderstanding some new users don't understand is that, Chip will not have control of player management otherwise Balkkee would not have hired him.

He might not have control but Baalke isn't gonna draft or keep players that don't fit chips scheme.
Originally posted by strickac:
I could see that. I think Dorsey or TJE stays. We're expected to add another DE, so one of them walks for sure.

TJE is god awful and needs to go...Doresy in my mind is a better NT than DE. If we don't resign Williams Dorsey will fill that spot fine
He might not have control but Baalke isn't gonna draft or keep players that don't fit chips scheme.

It's Baalke's world and chip just lives in it, just ask harbaugh.

So you don't think Baalke would bring in players best fit for chips offense? What would be the point of bringing in chip then? Baalke has finally say,but I'll bet his not drafting power run OL in the draft

Also harbs hand picked Kap and had a say on who was drafted, but ultimately the GM has the final decision which he should IMO.

ignant post.
Share 49ersWebzone