LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 305 users in the forums

Are we going to be a "sports science" team, and do you want to be one?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Are we going to be a "sports science" team, and do you want to be one?

Science psffffhhh.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jan 15, 2016 at 9:37 PM ]
The Warriors have been doing this stuff with accelerometers, in uniforms, special cameras at games and practice, wearables, diaries etc.
they seem to do a great job measuring performance, fatigue etc and using no that data to know how much to rest and condition guys.
It's kind of a different angle, but I've seen some cool stuff on football VR. Could make for a better way to study film and learn plays. And most of it is based in the bay. Hopefully the 9ers will take advantage of this. Surely players will need all the help they can get learning Chip's offense.

Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
It's kind of a different angle, but I've seen some cool stuff on football VR. Could make for a better way to study film and learn plays. And most of it is based in the bay. Hopefully the 9ers will take advantage of this. Surely players will need all the help they can get learning Chip's offense.

We started using this last season, right?
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

Weren't we one of the original teams to sign up for this?
Did you say "Sports Scientology"...?
Originally posted by highway49:

Great.

I'll have to replace this:

with this:

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 16, 2016 at 10:14 AM ]
Ok, Phoenix, you just made my day. Got a good belly laugh out of that. Thx.
Originally posted by highway49:

Shhh... they'll hear you!

starts at 2;16

Originally posted by blizzuntz:

starts at 2;16

Not a huge fan of Tosh, but that was pretty good.
In high school and college, I would always have my own little workout right before the game. If I just did the team walk through I would be so winded till mid-way in the 2nd quarter.

When you're getting ready to compete, you need to get your engine hot, not just warm it up. We will start games a lot quicker than these previous 5 years, book it.
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
In high school and college, I would always have my own little workout right before the game. If I just did the team walk through I would be so winded till mid-way in the 2nd quarter.

When you're getting ready to compete, you need to get your engine hot, not just warm it up. We will start games a lot quicker than these previous 5 years, book it.

This might very well be true. Before wrestling matches and boxing matches, you always see them lifting and stuff.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mojave45:
We should just have robots play the game and use controllers.

This is the future. Robots will drive you places, make your burgers, and play your football games. The most important question will be, what is there left for you to do?
If it helps us win, heck, yeah.
Share 49ersWebzone