LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

Chips draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
misleading thread title
Originally posted by English:
I guess he will discuss with Baalke who will try to accommodate his needs. More likely to take a WR high maybe. But it is still Baalke's draft. Thankfully.

I agree. Thankfully. "Kellys draft"? The very idea chills my soul.
It's not Chip's draft, it's Baalke's.
OL, particularly the interior OL, is paramount either in FA or draft. Kelly's entire offense revolves around inside zone read. If this is working, everything else on the field opens up. Last year he lost his guards coupled with Bradford never keeping the ball basically made his whole offense fall apart (although statistically it was far better than ours, which isn't saying much). We need guards and centers either as starters or for depth. Once we get that taken care of we can worry about the other positions.
getting another stud pass-rusher should be a top priority.

Brooks I'm sick of, and Harold is developing.
Why not Torn ACL/MCL Jaylon Smith with the 7th overall pick
Originally posted by mayo49:
I think he goes WR at #7.

I'm not sure there's a WR worth grabbing at 7 but we'll see. Personally I want defense at 7. Oline doesn't need a lot, either re-sign Boone or bring in one big G in free agency then draft oline rounds 2-5. I'd love to bring in Marvin Jones to add some speed at WR.
Treadwell!!!
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
Originally posted by valrod33:
If we address th OL in free agency, I could see us going WR in the first, Treadwekk or Doctson

Yep. I need 49ers should sign our OG, OT and C in Free Agency!

We should sign for Cowboys Olines. We should steal it. The Cowboys Oline are best the protected. Um. I think, we should sign for Cowboys as Coach Oline? I am figure out.

Where u been
With Chip Kelly posted in San Francisco, it wouldn't be a bad fit for the Bear to slide a couple miles south to play for the 49ers. If coaches are trying to establish systems, Goff is the perfect plug-and-play passer who they won't have to worry about freelancing.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2608018-the-best-franchise-building-blocks-in-the-2016-nfl-draft/page/8
[ Edited by joaosoarrs99 on Jan 15, 2016 at 8:14 AM ]

Somebody on previous page wrote "Project" , a word that needs to be scrubbed from the 9er vocabulary this yr. NO PROJECTS. We got a half team of them. No secret we need STARTERS:
Center, OT, OG
OLB passrusher
DT

Those 5 starters we have to have. In FA there is pouncey, mack, and albert at Center.
OG we can buy a starter there.
OT should be our #1 pick and he will be a starter.
Then my choice would be to trade up into rd 1 and get the DT starter or the OLB starter, obviously based on BPA.
Then we buy the other one in FA.

that was the pre CHIP list. Now to that we will also need a starting WR, and not a slot ...we got about 3 guys to fill that already. Also, I am still in favor of bringing in 15-20 of the UDFA QBs, and hope we find a gem in those guys. This is predicated on having an all pro QB coach, so that has to be dealt wth and fixed ASAP. The one thing about a CHIP hire and not interviewing shula, McD, and Bevell, is , several of those guys very likely will not be available until after the SB ends, or the week before(or 2 weeks) and that could seriously hamstring CHIP getting top flite assistants, one of whom is a DC. So for that reason, making the decision on Chip now is more palatable. Goff is an excellent college QB, but we really need to fix other slots first. Also, IMO , Goff is not the 7th best player on the board. We got bigger issues to deal with and they are bolded above.

Finally, of our 12 or 13 or 14 picks, under no circumstances should trent make those picks. He definitely should be trading up everything to get another rd 1 and an extra rd 2. So four picks in all 2 in rd 1 and 2 in rd 2. Do that and we could conceivably land in FA and OG, DT or OLB, WR, and maybe an ILB...but all those would have to be STARTERS. The basic problem prior to chip and now is a dearth of real honest to goodness starters at the 5 positions noted above. In FA we can buy a Center, and also a Starting OG. We MAY be able to buy a starting OLB passrusher or DT...to get both in FA is an incredible long shot. The Starter WR is new to my list, and finesse that to be a Pick vs a FA. Whatever, we need a starting WR, not of slot type. And the guy has to be a burner, besides having great hands, run great routes, and be fast as a bolt of lightning.
I really wanted Goff if he fell to us, but now I don't think he's going to fall past Cleveland or Dallas, nor do I think we'd take him if he did. We need to take Treadwell if he's available. If we're going to throw Kaep back out there, let's give him the best chance to succeed possible. I know OL is a need, but typically you don't need to spend a top 10 pick on a RT. Last year we didn't have time to replace AD in free agency because he sprung his decision on us so late, which led to the garbage we saw from our OL.

Offseason Plan:
Sign a FA RT or RG (Cordy Glenn or Mitchell Schwartz) (hopefully AD can take over at the other spot)
Sign a cheapish TE (Dwayne Allen or Ladarius Green)
Sign James Starks
Resign Alex Boone
Resign Phil Dawson
Resign Ian Williams
Cut Brooks

Draft:
1st rd = Treadwell
2nd rd = MLB/CB/G
3rd rd = MLB/CB/G
4th rd = MLB/CB/G

I know I didn't address the pass rush, but I think we'll have to live with that and hope Lynch, Harold, and Armstead can develop. If Treadwell is gone I think we take Lawson, but otherwise I don't think we'd be able to get a dynamic pass rusher for next year in FA or in rounds 2-7 of the draft.

QB: Colin Kaepernick
RB: Carlos Hyde
WR1: Torrey Smith
WR2: Laquon Treadwell
TE: Dwayne Allen/Blake Bell
RT: Mitchell Schwarts
RG: Anthony Davis
C: Daniel Kilgore
LG: Alex Boone
LT: Joe Staley

DE: Arik Armstead
NT: Ian Williams
DE: Tank Carradine
OLB: Aaron Lynch
ILB: Navorro Bowman
ILB: *Rookie
OLB: Eli Harold
CB: Tramaine Brock
FS: Antoine Bethea
SS: Eric Reid
CB: Donta Johnson/Rookie*
Originally posted by Broseph6:
Treadwell!!!

This. The only thing is that he has an awful injury 2 years ago (2014) so hopefully he's all the way back.
Chip Kelly's teams at Oregon and Philly were based on speed. Let's all hope he and Baalke can come to a consensus on who to bring in. Speed at the skill positions and in the back 7 on defense would help.
Originally posted by Draftology:
I really wanted Goff if he fell to us, but now I don't think he's going to fall past Cleveland or Dallas, nor do I think we'd take him if he did. We need to take Treadwell if he's available. If we're going to throw Kaep back out there, let's give him the best chance to succeed possible. I know OL is a need, but typically you don't need to spend a top 10 pick on a RT. Last year we didn't have time to replace AD in free agency because he sprung his decision on us so late, which led to the garbage we saw from our OL.

Offseason Plan:
Sign a FA RT or RG (Cordy Glenn or Mitchell Schwartz) (hopefully AD can take over at the other spot)
Sign a cheapish TE (Dwayne Allen or Ladarius Green)
Sign James Starks
Resign Alex Boone
Resign Phil Dawson
Resign Ian Williams
Cut Brooks

Draft:
1st rd = Treadwell
2nd rd = MLB/CB/G
3rd rd = MLB/CB/G
4th rd = MLB/CB/G

I know I didn't address the pass rush, but I think we'll have to live with that and hope Lynch, Harold, and Armstead can develop. If Treadwell is gone I think we take Lawson, but otherwise I don't think we'd be able to get a dynamic pass rusher for next year in FA or in rounds 2-7 of the draft.

QB: Colin Kaepernick
RB: Carlos Hyde
WR1: Torrey Smith
WR2: Laquon Treadwell
TE: Dwayne Allen/Blake Bell
RT: Mitchell Schwarts
RG: Anthony Davis
C: Daniel Kilgore
LG: Alex Boone
LT: Joe Staley

DE: Arik Armstead
NT: Ian Williams