LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

Chip's Coaching Concepts 2.0

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I thought this video needed its own thread, because its Chip explaining what he's trying to do offensively versus a defense. For you Xs and Os nerds, you're going to love it! I have to admit, it got me pretty excited.

Props to "richierichard" for originally posting and 49AllTheTime for bumping it.

Courtesy of thl408 (post #218):
Very nice collection of breakdowns on Chip's offensive scheme. The really interesting ones for the running game are the "Chip Wagon" articles. For the passing game, it's the ones from "PhillyMag". Any article from Chris Brown is a good read.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2016/2/20/10878930/chip-kelly-offense-resource-page
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Feb 23, 2016 at 2:57 PM ]
Nice find.

Its refreshing to listen to a non dumbass head coach.
Tomsula has no clue what they're talking about
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Yup. terrrrrrrrrrible
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Oh s**t. I now know why Baalke just hired him.

He said, "53 1/3!"
Go to 28:35, that play is sexy. Bunch form, double post concepts but watch what the point man does on the bunch.
Originally posted by NCommand:

He said, "53 1/3!"

I don't totally know what that means, but it was around the time he was talking about using the whole field and how 21 teams only have their defense occupy a small in the box area.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I thought this video needed its own thread, because its Chip explaining what he's trying to do offensively versus a defense. For you Xs and Os nerds, you're going to love it! I have to admit, it got me pretty excited.

Props to "richierichard" for originally posting and 49AllTheTime for bumping it.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Nice find.

Well to be fair its been posted a handful of times already.
[ Edited by Jcool on Jan 14, 2016 at 6:55 PM ]

He said, "53 1/3!"

I don't totally know what that means, but it was around the time he was talking about using the whole field and how 21 teams only have their defense occupy a small in the box area.

NFL field is 53 1/3 yards wide. That's the whole basis of a spread offense....make the defense defend the whole width of the field.

He said, "53 1/3!"

Yeah the joke on that one was during the HaRoman tenure, there was an interview with Baalke of his strong desire to use the whole 53.3 yard width of the field. Which was pretty much opposite to that HaRoman offense at that time.

Now? He's got his man!
Originally posted by Niners816:
Go to 28:35, that play is sexy. Bunch form, double post concepts but watch what the point man does on the bunch.

Dude knows his stuff. Definitely the most innovative coach we've had in a long time.
youre welcome Oak
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Nice find.

Well to be fair its been posted a handful of times already.

Well then good sir. I take that back.
Share 49ersWebzone