LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Who's our #1 WR?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who's our #1 WR?

Originally posted by Joecool:
The systems sucked.

The systems sucked, the QBs werent anything to write home about. This team could make Antonio Brown look pedestrian.

Crabtree goes to Oakland, looks a lot better.

Stevie Johnson goes to San Diego, looks a lot better.

Ginn goes to Carolina, they actually throw the ball to him. His hands still suck but he makes plays for them.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 15, 2016 at 6:07 AM ]
Originally posted by Buchy:
I think Smelter could surprise us as well but I don't know how fast he is.

He has very good speed
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
The systems sucked.

The systems sucked, the QBs werent anything to write home about. This team could make Antonio Brown look pedestrian.

Ginn goes to Carolina, they actually throw the ball to him. His hands still suck but he makes plays for them.
Well that because Harbs just wanted Him as a decoy,just like he didi with a HOF reciever in Randy Moss,Harbs passing game sucked BAD
[ Edited by jrouter4949 on Jan 15, 2016 at 7:06 AM ]
Originally posted by Buchy:
I think Smelter could surprise us as well but I don't know how fast he is.

I could see him being used like Matthews in the slot.
The systems sucked.

agreed.
Depending how well Smelter develops the receivers should be fine. There's no #1 receiver Torrey Smith is not that but you don't really need one. Smith, Smelter, Patton, Ellington maybe throw in a 2nd or 3rd round pick and we should be fine there.
With Kaep throwing into the dirt?
Originally posted by jrg:
Now that we know Kaep is going to be QB, LaQuan would be incredible.

LaQuan and Torrey in a Chip Kelly offense?
I don't think chip needs a #1. He schemes guys to get open and doesn't need guys to do it themselves. If anything, he will want multiple guys that can separate and run after the catch, and not a lone guy who is branded the "#1".
Laquan Treadmill!!!!!
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
I don't think chip needs a #1. He schemes guys to get open and doesn't need guys to do it themselves. If anything, he will want multiple guys that can separate and run after the catch, and not a lone guy who is branded the "#1".

Good point! We could have 4-5 receivers getting a lot of playing time. Plus our RB's getting a lot of screen passes, TE's...etc.
i'm so excited to FINALLY get some offense after 12-14 years with little to NO offense!

taking a receiver in the 1st round to go opposite of torrey with kap or some other huge arm at QB. offense will finally be exciting again
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
taking a receiver in the 1st round to go opposite of torrey with kap or some other huge arm at QB. offense will finally be exciting again

I've read that there are actually four or five who are worthy of a high pick.
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

I've read that there are actually four or five who are worthy of a high pick.

ya theres a really good one with a f**ked up name that we should pick up if were not gonna go goff or d-line
One thing I would advocate for is more speed on offense. Seattle and the Cards have been loading up on guys with pure speed, not worrying about if they are a #1 or #2 or #3 WR, just good, explosive receivers that can stretch the field vertically.
One thing I would advocate for is more speed on offense. Seattle and the Cards have been loading up on guys with pure speed, not worrying about if they are a #1 or #2 or #3 WR, just good, explosive receivers that can stretch the field vertically.

Corey Coleman out of Baylor may be the fastest receiver in the draft. He'll be there, but I think they'll go for a bigger guy like Treadwell or Doctson if they go receiver in the first.
Share 49ersWebzone