LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 311 users in the forums

Who's our #1 WR?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who's our #1 WR?

• Chico
  • Veteran
I don't see Boldin fitting this offense & seeing Ellington stepping up. What do you guys think?
Laquan
As I've said every year for the past 5.... They need to add a WR with true #1 potential. Whether that means signing a FA like Alshon or drafting a stud early, I don't really care. But I don't believe Patton or Ellington will ever be more than bench role players.

Smith is definitely the best guy they have right now, with Boldin slowing down with age. But both of those guys would be better as #2 options.

The 9ers need a stud WR.
Torrey smith is like 26 or 27 and just signed a big contract. He's our #1. It's just our qbs suck At throwing the ball.

It's been that way forever. Remember how everyone says we never have anyone to throw the ball to? Yet ginn was our 4th receiver at one point yet on Carolina ginn is Carolina's #1 receiver putting up big numbers and they are 15-1?? Yeah, our qbs just suck so it don't matter who or what our #1 receiver is
Yeah, I'd say Smith is #1 now.
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Torrey smith is like 26 or 27 and just signed a big contract. He's our #1. It's just our qbs suck At throwing the ball.

It's been that way forever. Remember how everyone says we never have anyone to throw the ball to? Yet ginn was our 4th receiver at one point yet on Carolina ginn is Carolina's #1 receiver putting up big numbers and they are 15-1?? Yeah, our qbs just suck so it don't matter who or what our #1 receiver is

The systems sucked.
Deandrew White
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Now that we know Kaep is going to be QB, LaQuan would be incredible.

LaQuan and Torrey in a Chip Kelly offense?
Torrey, but hopefully Chip can find/draft someone like Matthews that's able to step in and contribute.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:

The systems sucked.

This. Ginn was rarely even on the field aside from returning kicks.

• Buchy
  • Veteran
I think Smelter could surprise us as well but I don't know how fast he is.
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
Smith for mine
Originally posted by vaden:
Originally posted by Joecool:

The systems sucked.

This. Ginn was rarely even on the field aside from returning kicks.

System sucks, this sucks, oline sucks, scheme sucked, weather sucked... I can't wait for the day to here " the qb sucked" which ultimately is the only real fact.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chico:
I don't see Boldin fitting this offense & seeing Ellington stepping up. What do you guys think?

Boldin can likely fill the role Riley Cooper did.
want to see what Smelter brings
Share 49ersWebzone