LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 301 users in the forums

Who do you think should quarterback Chip Kelly's offense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who do you think should quarterback Chip Kelly's offense?

Originally posted by 49ersJordan:
I still think we have to give Kap a chance to start in this offense.. Chip will adjust his offense to Kap's strengths. We seriously haven't had a guru in YEARS on the offensive side...

long release+slow start runner+cant read a defense

so we are handing off every down
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 2h2 hours ago Matt Miller Retweeted Cleet Falcon

If you look at what Chip's offense has been in Philly (short, quick passes), Goff is a fantastic fit for the 49ers.

One can only wish. I remember me saying things like "49ers don't need a QB in the 1st round", oh how much I have a change of heart.

Now I only wish the 49ers would draft him to groom him to take over.
It will be Blaine. I heard he took Torrey Smiths statement to heart and they are both jogging together to get in shape for training camp. Kaepernick is behind due to injury.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 2h2 hours ago Matt Miller Retweeted Cleet Falcon

If you look at what Chip's offense has been in Philly (short, quick passes), Goff is a fantastic fit for the 49ers.

One can only wish. I remember me saying things like "49ers don't need a QB in the 1st round", oh how much I have a change of heart.

Now I only wish the 49ers would draft him to groom him to take over.

I would still like to see how Gabbert would fit as all of Gabberts strengths seem to fit Kelly's system. However, I don't know much about Goff so I can't say that we shouldn't draft him.
  • thl408
Originally posted by kidash98:
Originally posted by captveg:
Gabbert. Need quick decisions / release.

Agree...

Also, I don't think our issue is the QB with Chip's style of offense.... It's our WR.

Agree very much. I know this is a QB thread, but I think Patton will find his role in Chip's offense. Guy is electric with the ball in his hands, but can't get open very well. Chip's offense will scheme WRs open in space so they will have an opportunity to RAC.
I hope it is not KRAPerPICK.......
Kap just got another year with the 49ers. Insert our new tempo pistol , east west running game. The real question is Hyde is he the right RB for Chip?
Gabbert should be a backup for life. Dudes so average.
[ Edited by Rubberneck36 on Jan 14, 2016 at 1:40 PM ]
I'd rather have Gabbert. It would be nice to run a non-simplified NFL offense, and you don't really lose any speed or arm strength over Kap. Plus, you don't have to teach him mechanics and fundamentals.

BUT if Kap doesn't stink it up in the one read system they'd install for him, whatever. I just want to win.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
i see no advantage kap has over gabbert at this point

Trent Dilfer says Gabbert and that he'll have a huge year.

Originally posted by thl408:

Agree...

Also, I don't think our issue is the QB with Chip's style of offense.... It's our WR.

Agree very much. I know this is a QB thread, but I think Patton will find his role in Chip's offense. Guy is electric with the ball in his hands, but can't get open very well. Chip's offense will scheme WRs open in space so they will have an opportunity to RAC.

Patton, Ellington, Smith, and Smelter are back in the game!!!! Well, Smelter will be in.

Boldin appears to be the odd man out.

We should have never let Carrier go.
Originally posted by jedediahyork:
I'd rather have Gabbert. It would be nice to run a non-simplified NFL offense, and you don't really lose any speed or arm strength over Kap. Plus, you don't have to teach him mechanics and fundamentals.

BUT if Kap doesn't stink it up in the one read system they'd install for him, whatever. I just want to win.

You don't think Kaepernick is faster than Gabbert?
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Jan 14, 2016 at 1:42 PM ]
Originally posted by GreatGabbert:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
i see no advantage kap has over gabbert at this point

Trent Dilfer says Gabbert and that he'll have a huge year.

Ah s**t! Dilfer = Death.
it will be like the vick/foles situation.

#7 in.... until the turnovers start piling on.
Originally posted by thl408:

Agree...

Patton can get open. We just never threw to him because either he wasn't the read or the QB was getting hit. Mind you, he barely gets on the field in the first place.

I think he'll flourish in Chip's system.
Share 49ersWebzone