LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 424 users in the forums

Which Coaches currently on our staff do you feel will be brought back?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Matt Maiocco
Matt Maiocco – Verified account ‏@MaioccoCSN

Hearing a lot of #49ers staff from last year packed up and moved out. Chip Kelly has met with Eric Mangini. No word yet on how that went.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I'm thinking Steve Logan, Jason Tarver , Tim Lewis, Tom Rathman and "Maybe?" Mangini will be brought back ....idk?? Just my opinion

but do you guys feel we will totally clean house and do away with the entire coaching staff, or will we hang on to a few of them?

Interesting why you think Logan would return. I think Chip is going to want to have "his" guy at that position. I can see him keeping the rest though. I hope he hires Tomsula as DL coach.
I think Tarver and Rathman are locks. I also think Mangini will return in some fashion but possibly, maybe not as defensive coordinator.

They are allowing Tim Lewis to interview with Bengals which tells me he's gone.
Baalke to Jimmy T.

Jimmy, we are firing you as head coach...but would you like to be Kelly's DL coach?
Originally posted by Joecool:
Baalke to Jimmy T.

Jimmy, we are firing you as head coach...but would you like to be Kelly's DL coach?

This honestly wouldn't surprise me.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Rathman that's it, the rest can hit the road.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by TheChozen:
Baalke to Jimmy T.

Well he was really good at it. I wouldn't mind having him back as DL coach at all.
Kelly supposedly has a very good DL coach also..i read that he is probably following Kelly to SF
Baalke to Jimmy T.

Well he was really good at it. I wouldn't mind having him back as DL coach at all.

would the Niners have to pay him additional money?
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Baalke to Jimmy T.

very good question, and i think that is the reason that he wont be back. (creating an awkward situation of not paying him or paying him extra)
Baalke to Jimmy T.

I would imagine not - but not sure. I know it works that way with HC - if you're coaching somewhere else, it's the difference between what your new salary is minus the old, but those terms are negotiated.
its not new - old, unless it states that in the contract. Tomusla doesn't have that stipulation im guessing since it hasn't came up once

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Baalke to Jimmy T.

I would imagine not - but not sure. I know it works that way with HC - if you're coaching somewhere else, it's the difference between what your new salary is minus the old, but those terms are negotiated.
its not new - old, unless it states that in the contract. Tomusla doesn't have that stipulation im guessing since it hasn't came up once

would be an interesting awkward situation to say the least
Baalke to Jimmy T.

hey jim you know about that firing last month, Gotcha !
Baalke to Jimmy T.

hey jim you know about that firing last month, Gotcha !

Rathman is cool as f**k,i need that dude in my life
Share 49ersWebzone