LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 302 users in the forums

Grade the Chip Kelly hire

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Grade the Chip Kelly hire

I'm skeptical in his approach in the NFL. However, I will wait until I see how he adjust from his go around in philly.

I think this is the definition of an A or an F hire. Perhaps an athletic QB is the answer for his offense.
Wow. That was fast. I didn't know the season was over....
C+. There is too much risk in Kelly. I don't like his offense because IMO it doesn't give enough time to the defense rest. However he could be great for us.
Originally posted by Chief:
i like him as a party valet.

Kind of like this?

If it effects our FA's it's a problem. Otherwise I'm good with it. Gave it a B.
[ Edited by Evilgenius on Jan 14, 2016 at 11:25 AM ]
Why did we rush this process ? I would have preferred a coordinator from one of the playoff teams . I feel sick to my stomach , the spiral down continues .
  • thl408
B

I like the shock value it has created. Dude is crazy. Whether it's in a good way or bad for the 49ers remains to be seen.
It's kind of premature to grade a coaching hire when he hasn't coached a lick yet. But, here goes...I give it a solid B. My reasoning for that grade is he definitely can resurrect our offense. You can bet both he and Baalke will be at Saturday's Senior Bowl, to get a good look at a good chunk of this year's draft candidates. I think between Kelly's offensive expertise and Baalke's ability to bring in good defensive players, they could be a good tandem to beef up our team quickly. With $50M or so in cap space, they can do some real damage in FA, which will help shape the draft and creatively use those 12 picks to bring in the right players. They'll bring in more speed, especially at the WR and RB positions. It's on the defensive side I have some reservations...in Philly, his up-tempo offense put a lot of points on the board, but it rather killed his defense. He and Baalke will have to strike a balance there...if they can do that, we may be in for some exciting times in 2016.
too early but inital C

iour offense will get better(it cant get worse) but our D just became a lot worse and frankly name a playoff team that made the playoffs with a horrible D were in NFCW a very tough division

look at this year out of the 12 teams that made the playoffs 11 of them had top 12 D only team with a top 12 D that didnt make playoffs were the jets who missed it by an inch
B+

A freaking +
C
Swinging for the fences with Adam Dunn up to bat. Either this is a homerun or a wild lunging strikeout.

I'll give it a B- but can see it turning into an A+ or an F with equal likelihood.
E.Meh
The FO, especially Baalke, gets an A for the guts to make this hire. Baalke has pinned his career to this coach.

But to me the grade becomes an automatic F the first time a respected player on our team gets released and then goes public with the same sentiments about Kelly as a lot of Eagles players had.
Share 49ersWebzone