LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 305 users in the forums

ZBS O-Lineman

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Posted this in the wrong thread, but John Greco would be my top trade target. He's been one of the best zone blocking guards in the game over the last few years, but could be the odd man out as Hue shifts them to a more power game.
http://nflspinzone.com/2016/01/17/cleveland-browns-john-grecos-future-flux/

I'd consider a straight up swap with Tiller, and even add Bruce Miller if needed. We can then add another ZBS guard like Mathis or Chester through FA, and would have a great foundation to build off of:

LT – Staley
LG – Mathis or Chester
C – Kilgore
RG – Greco
RT – Davis

There are a couple great center prospects in this draft who would fit Kelly's scheme well. Either Ryan Kelly or Max Tuerk would be a great pick-up in the 3rd and would give us an eventual replacement to Kilgore in the middle. I'd then groom Martin and B Thomas as future guards.
Originally posted by Buchy:
Davis played in a ZBS in college so he may fit ok.

True!

Don't give up on Tiller either. He's ascending quickly and is more agile and athletic than most realize. If he and Brown keep dropping the pounds they have high ceilings.
Originally posted by NCommand:

True!

Don't give up on Tiller either. He's ascending quickly and is more agile and athletic than most realize. If he and Brown keep dropping the pounds they have high ceilings.

I like Tiller a lot. Thought he did a great job. Just not sure he fits in with ZBS.
Originally posted by NCommand:

True!

I sure hope they don't overlook him.

He seemed to play better every week.
Share 49ersWebzone