There are 260 users in the forums

Who do you want as Defensive Coordinator? Ed Donatell?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
With Vance Joseph gone... if we hire a OC, or anyone offensive minded as Head Coach.. who would you want as DC? Who would be realistic?

I'd like Donatell, but I don't think it would happen.

He knows our defense players, and should tailor the defense to what they are good at.. and our secondaries have been good for a while now. He's still the DB coach behind Fangio still. He used to be a DC back in the days.

if it's Hue, Chip Kelly, Mike Shanahan/Holmgren... who would they go after?

I just don't want us to stick with Mangini again.
Mike Pettine, runs a similar sort of defense as Fangio, with a lot of 4-3 under looks. His defenses with the Jets and Bills were all Top 10.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 12, 2016 at 4:49 PM ]
Nolan
Id love to have Donatell back as DB coach, he was one of the best in the league but I dont know about DC. He hasn't been dc since 08 with washington. He probably wouldnt come here anyways and the Bears probably wouldnt let him go.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Mike Pettine, runs a similar sort of defense as Fangio, with a lot of 4-3 under looks. His defenses with the Jets and Bills were all Top 10.

This.
Originally posted by Southpaw79:

This.

Yes
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for Sourball.

Is he employed right now?
too soon to talk about this until we have a HC
Originally posted by Sourball:

Is he employed right now?

No, we was fired by the browns.
  • Drift
  • Veteran
Hopefully Mangini sticks around as part of the next coaching staff. Starting to come together nicely by the end of the year.

This. Petine failed as a head coach but is a really good defensive coordinator. He uses a lot of different looks and packages.
Please not 20 different threads about next OC and DC
  • CNM86
  • Veteran
I would want Jim Schwartz as the DC , he's hard nose,physical,aggressive and a players type of coach.He runs a 4-3 Defense scheme which is a perfect fit for majority of the personnel we have.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
This. Petine failed as a head coach but is a really good defensive coordinator. He uses a lot of different looks and packages.

Yep. He'd be a great pickup. Very good DC.
Share 49ersWebzone