LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 162 users in the forums

Who Does Hue Choose?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who Does Hue Choose?

Originally posted by HERN:
The last 4 seasons are irrelevant. What have we done the last 4 seasons that would influence somebody taking the HC job with our current roster.

NY has a franchise QB and a elite WR.

If I'm Hue and compare the 2, NY is in a division that can be won his first year.

Why is it irrelevant? They've been bad. They have a QB who doesn't want to change the system and one awesome WR. There defense is awful and there best player blew his fingers off.

Dallas with a healthy romo and Washington are much much better teams and playoff teams.

They will hire Ben macAdoo...that's all people talk about here in NY.
Well, sounds like this thread should be about which coordinators Hue Jackson is going to chose. Will he keep Mangini? Fire Crhyst?
If our track record is bad, then what do you all consider Cleveland's? Freaking Cleveland. That is a kiss of death.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
The last 4 seasons are irrelevant. What have we done the last 4 seasons that would influence somebody taking the HC job with our current roster.

If I'm Hue and compare the 2, NY is in a division that can be won his first year.

Why is it irrelevant? They've been bad. They have a QB who doesn't want to change the system and one awesome WR. There defense is awful and there best player blew his fingers off.

Dallas with a healthy romo and Washington are much much better teams and playoff teams.

This team is not what it was in 2011 - to present. I doubt The last 4 years will influence his decision. Yes we had a good run, so did NY ( superbowl champs 2012).

Offensively, NY is closer than we are. Yes Eli is 35, but he'll probably play till he's 40.

This argument is irrelevant because I agree with you, he won't end up in NY, but i will disagree that a coach will care what the team looked like 4 years ago specially with as much turnaround a team goes through.

This team is not what it was in 2011 - to present. I doubt The last 4 years will influence his decision. Yes we had a good run, so did NY ( superbowl champs 2012).

Offensively, NY is closer than we are. Yes Eli is 35, but he'll probably play till he's 40.

This argument is irrelevant because I agree with you, he won't end up in NY, but i will disagree that a coach will care what the team looked like 4 years ago specially with as much turnaround a team goes through.

Fair enough... I have to watch the Giants( and deal with the fans) on a weekly basis. There isn't a ton of talent on that team. How Reese kept his job is beyond me.
Originally posted by bzborow1:
If the Giants position is open for him then I think he would be foolish not to take it. Cleveland is a wasteland riddled with the ghost of quality coaches who all thought they could change something. I would rank them:

1. NY
2. SF
3. TEN
4. CLE

What has NY done the past 4 seasons? Outside of OBJ an Eli they don't have anything

Easy, for the following reasons:

1. Prestige franchise
2. New stadium
3. Stable, knowledgeable and committed ownership.
4. Reliable QB and a premier wideout.
5. Winnable division.

Need I go on?
Originally posted by BarrySandwich:
If Hue was smart he would choose the Browns,he could go 8-8 and Cleveland fans would treat him as a God.

and lebron would jump on the hue bandwagon
Originally posted by bzborow1:
Easy, for the following reasons:

1. Prestige franchise
2. New stadium
3. Stable, knowledgeable and committed ownership.
4. Reliable QB and a premier wideout.
5. Winnable division.

Need I go on?

Yeah it not like SF doesn't have the first two lol

Their committed to keep their GM Reese who fans can't stand here in NY just as much as Baalke in SF

They have two good players and one of the worst defenses in the league

Oh Dallas when healthy is a playoff team and Washington is currently in the playoffs. NY hasn't been to the playoffs in 4 years

They haven't been top franchise you think have been for a while.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 10, 2016 at 3:32 PM ]
Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for jbeale49.
If the "Done Deal" is true, glad some folks got their man. Been hearing his name around here for half a season. Last season, I don't think anyone got their man.
Who would his coordinators be?

Originally posted by Rikimaru03:
Who would his coordinators be?

Vance Joseph on defense hopefylly. Maybe Mike Solari as OC but hue would be calling the plays.
[ Edited by E-49er on Jan 10, 2016 at 4:01 PM ]
I offered prayers to the Based God and he promised that Hue would be delivered to Santa Clara within a fortnight.
Can someone please explain why Hue Jackson is so revered? Im not seeing much on his resume to suggest he is very good.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Can someone please explain why Hue Jackson is so revered? Im not seeing much on his resume to suggest he is very good.

Is there anything that says he's really bad?
The Mara family is loyal and stays in house. Eli just learned OC Ben Macadoo's system and seems to have it down. Do the Giants want to bring in Hue Jackson and start Eli over again? I'm sure Hue will call the shots on offense. The only problem is that Macadoo is 38, maybe too young.
Share 49ersWebzone