LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Head Coach Candidate John Defilippo.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
This is how bad the 49ers have fallen. Interviewing the assistants from the Dreg teams of the NFL

Somebody should've told Green Bay this when they hired Mike McCarthy from the 4-12 49ers.

McCarthy had been in the league as an assitant for sometime with the Saints putting up yards in the early 2000s.

You got owned pretty good on that one. Just say "haha you got me there" and put it behind you. lol

You met elephant before, lol?
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
This is how bad the 49ers have fallen. Interviewing the assistants from the Dreg teams of the NFL

Somebody should've told Green Bay this when they hired Mike McCarthy from the 4-12 49ers.

McCarthy had been in the league as an assitant for sometime with the Saints putting up yards in the early 2000s.

You got owned pretty good on that one. Just say "haha you got me there" and put it behind you. lol

You met elephant before, lol?
lol
  • Veteran

Huh? Don't understand?

lol
  • MarkD
  • Veteran

McCarthy was great for us that year when Alex Smith threw that 1 touchdown.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
As OC, I won't mind one bit. He probably knows a lot more about offense than Chryst and Tomsula put together!
  • Veteran
here is the question, did they interview Defilippo for the head coaching job or the OC job? If it was the latter, then what about the new HC choosing his staff. It would be the same as last year, the FO is dictating who the assistant coaches should be.
Originally posted by 190836:
here is the question, did they interview Defilippo for the head coaching job or the OC job? If it was the latter, then what about the new HC choosing his staff. It would be the same as last year, the FO is dictating who the assistant coaches should be.

Its commonly believed that they are looking at him as OC, and I'm thinking that he's been brought up as a guy that is high on the lists of the coaching candidates that they are most interested in. The Rams have an OC interview with him for Monday so getting in front of him before that was probably a good idea.

As an example, Atlanta went and interviewed Kyle Shanahan last year after Dan Quinn has brought him up as a likely OC.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 190836:

Its commonly believed that they are looking at him as OC, and I'm thinking that he's been brought up as a guy that is high on the lists of the coaching candidates that they are most interested in. The Rams have an OC interview with him for Monday so getting in front of him before that was probably a good idea.

As an example, Atlanta went and interviewed Kyle Shanahan last year after Dan Quinn has brought him up as a likely OC.
Thanks, it makes sense.
Is there like a Rooney Rule for Browns coaches? Why did we interview a Browns coach? I have a bad feeling we are going to hire him as the head coach too. Why would we not interveiw Ben McAdoo instead?
I would like him as an OC behind Tom Coughlin.

Share 49ersWebzone