LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 195 users in the forums

Head Coach Candidate John Defilippo.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by FL9er:
Ehhh I see this as a meeting about being a OC more than a head coach...I'm all for them bringing in as many coaches to interview as possible!

People will take that to mean Baalke is dictating the eventual coach's staff, but it's possible he was on the list of the coaches' staff as well.

This. If I'm taking a HUGE new job with a lot of pressure to win in a difficult division, please provide as many vetted options as possible. Have your people investigate if there are concerns. Interview shows interest and may cause him to wait until our HC dust settles.

yup by interviewing as many people as possible for "coaching openings" your able to grab someone like Defilippo before the Rams or whoever snag him as OC because you've already spoken to them and know their vision...I'm guessing the HC will have final say on the staff but I have no issue with bringing in half of the NFL coach staffs for a "interview" lol.

Agreed
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Me thinks they are interviewing Hue's potential staff before he's allowed to do it himself.

This.

Thats how I'm leaning. Mabye the real HC candadite said "this is who I would want on my staff" so they are kicking the tires.

This. It's easy to forget that you need a good strong staff to go along with a good strong head coach.
Ehhh I see this as a meeting about being a OC more than a head coach...I'm all for them bringing in as many coaches to interview as possible!

This right here.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
If they interviewed him supposedly for a OC gig why does every reporter have him interviewing for the HC job?

I don't buy it Blockhead is becoming desperate in his search. smh smh

I haven't seen one report that said it was for the HC gig?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/10342/john-defilippo

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the 49ers are meeting with Browns OC John DeFilippo Friday.
Rapoport did not call the meeting an interview, instead saying it was "more of an informational meeting." Sounds an awful lot like an interview. Either way, DeFilippo is a well-regarded coach who should have plenty of options to coordinate another offense next season once he escapes the Factory of Sadness.

On the front page of the webzone it did have that he was being interviewed for HC job. They just changed it though.
They have two days to fill before interviewing Hue. Might as well talk to as many people as possible.
[ Edited by captveg on Jan 8, 2016 at 8:47 AM ]
Originally posted by lamontb:
If they interviewed him supposedly for a OC gig why does every reporter have him interviewing for the HC job?

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the 49ers are meeting with Browns OC John DeFilippo Friday.
Rapoport did not call the meeting an interview, instead saying it was "more of an informational meeting." Sounds an awful lot like an interview. Either way, DeFilippo is a well-regarded coach who should have plenty of options to coordinate another offense next season once he escapes the Factory of Sadness.

On the front page of the webzone it did have that he was being interviewed for HC job. They just changed it though.

Yeah I never saw that but I'm guessing it was changed because there's no proof-thanks!
Lol

We're gonna hire some scrub. Just gotta face it.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Lol

We're gonna hire some scrub. Just gotta face it.

You speak the truth....no one wants to come here

Yeah I never saw that but I'm guessing it was changed because there's no proof-thanks!

MM is reporting this as a HC interview, but later goes on to say that it could just be for HC
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/source-defilippo-next-line-meet-49ers

Personally, my money is on this being for OC. As another poster already mentioned, DeFillipo's name could've come up as a result of their preferred HC making it known that who he wants if hired. I doubt they're really looking at him for HC after explicitly stating that they want somebody with experience (he's only been a coordinator for one year).
Originally posted by baltien:
MM is reporting this as a HC interview, but later goes on to say that it could just be for HC

Personally, my money is on this being for OC. As another poster already mentioned, DeFillipo's name could've come up as a result of their preferred HC making it known that who he wants if hired. I doubt they're really looking at him for HC after explicitly stating that they want somebody with experience (he's only been a coordinator for one year).

I don't really see any team jumping on him as a HC he's still pretty new as a coordinator and after our last hire I doubt they go down that road again

I wouldn't be surprised if Lynn is part of that OC search either.

Originally posted by baltien:

Yea this is the same article they had linked to the being interviews for the HC job headline
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
Random tidbit: #Browns OC John DeFilippo, who is talking with #Niners today, was recruited to the University of New Hampshire by Chip Kelly.

Matt Maiocco @MaioccoCSN
@RapSheet Let's try that again: Hmmm. That doesn't seem so random to me.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
@MaioccoCSN Nope. It certainly doesn't.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
Random tidbit: #Browns OC John DeFilippo, who is talking with #Niners today, was recruited to the University of New Hampshire by Chip Kelly.

Matt Maiocco @MaioccoCSN

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

Kelly, Defilippo, Pete Carmichael of the Saints, offense was hot at New Hampshire yo.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
thread title should be changed to

Offensive Coordinator Candidate John Defilippo.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

Matt Maiocco @MaioccoCSN

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

Kelly, Defilippo, Pete Carmichael of the Saints, offense was hot at New Hampshire yo.

Yes. If this is truly the case then, without knowing the entire situation, I would be willing to bet they are either seeking background information on Chip Kelly (reference check of sorts) and/or gauging his potential interest in the 49ers as an OC. DeFilippo's resume is more like Tomsula's than Harbaugh's or Jackson's so I see him more as an OC at this point.
Share 49ersWebzone