LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 289 users in the forums

Head Coach Candidate John Defilippo.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
They're looking at him as an OC. By all accounts he did well considering the s**t show they had at QB, WR and RB. He made Barnidge a thing. He is trending upwards as an OC.

I can see why they'd want to keep him close for that position.
I had a few Browns players on my fantasy team and they did pretty well with poop they had. He would be a good OC.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Me thinks they are interviewing Hue's potential staff before he's allowed to do it himself.
[ Edited by okdkid on Jan 8, 2016 at 7:07 AM ]
I thought the Brown's looked pretty well coached when we played them.
I would LOVE this guy to be an OC. A bright young ascending coach. I could see either Hue or Kelly liking this guy for their staff.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 8, 2016 at 7:10 AM ]
If they interviewed him supposedly for a OC gig why does every reporter have him interviewing for the HC job?

I don't buy it Blockhead is becoming desperate in his search. smh smh

• dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I'm all for it. Makes sense for SF to hire the first Asian Pacific HC: John The Filipino

Originally posted by okdkid:
Me thinks they are interviewing Hue's potential staff before he's allowed to do it himself.

This.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Ehhh I see this as a meeting about being a OC more than a head coach...I'm all for them bringing in as many coaches to interview as possible!

This is what the reports have been stating too, that he's one of the names floating out there for a few OC vacancies. Seems he's an assistant on the rise.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
If they interviewed him supposedly for a OC gig why does every reporter have him interviewing for the HC job?

I haven't seen one report that said it was for the HC gig?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/10342/john-defilippo

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the 49ers are meeting with Browns OC John DeFilippo Friday.
Rapoport did not call the meeting an interview, instead saying it was "more of an informational meeting." Sounds an awful lot like an interview. Either way, DeFilippo is a well-regarded coach who should have plenty of options to coordinate another offense next season once he escapes the Factory of Sadness.

Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

Not even PFT is claiming that that they are interviewing him for HC. Its a chance to get insight into an OC candidate that their top HC candidates may like a lot.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 8, 2016 at 7:25 AM ]
Everyone needs to stop freaking out over reports we're meeting with someone.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by okdkid:

This.

Thats how I'm leaning. Mabye the real HC candadite said "this is who I would want on my staff" so they are kicking the tires.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Maybe they told Chip that they want Sombody with some different views as an OC. Contrasting styles may be good for Chip.
Share 49ersWebzone