LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

HC Tribal Council ROUND 1: Who is the worst HC candidate for the Niners?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

HC Tribal Council ROUND 1: Who is the worst HC candidate for the Niners?

we picked a shotty year to look for a HC. Jackson is the only one that fits the bill. Younger, HC experience, Offensive minded, good work with QBs. I did hear some negative things about him though. I heard the raiders quit on him late in the season and went on a losing streak. Said he lost control of the players and no one wanted to play for him
Originally posted by Niners816:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I've heard so much negativity about Chip Kelly on the Zone. He won ten games two years in a row and then became a mad scientist with the roster. Maybe he's learned it's not college. His game is based on a QB, it reminds me of the Don Coryell offenses in San Deigo. Every generation an innovative offensive mind comes into the NFL, Paul Brown, Bill Walsh, Don Coryall, they play the game on a different level. I'm not saying Kelly is on that level but at least he may be. Is it worth a shot, or do we want the same Tomsula 2. Culture today bases everything on the moment, if he's bad today, he's always bad. If he wins one SB it 's the start of a dynasty. If the Yorks want to shake up the world hire Chip, if they want to play it safe, hire a no-name with no coaching experience.

He's gonna have to find a tempo of play that doesn't wear out his own defense. Offensive yards are hollow if they are at the expense of your own defense. Then this begs the question of is his offensive production solely predicated on being hyper paced. I think the answer is yes and I don't think this style wins titles.

Only burns out the D if you aren't scoring points.
Originally posted by Rascal:
No, I said no to Jackson because he hasn't done anything in the league yet which I had already told you yesterday. As for Kap, OK is not $17 mil, his cap hit in 2016 is $15.89 mil.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/colin-kaepernick/

Oh I know what you said lol...MM said he's due $14.3 but whatever it's still enough lol

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-interview-coaches-who-have-coveted-kaepernick

We disagree on hue vs shanny which is fine hope we have a better idea in th next couple days.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Rascal:
No, I said no to Jackson because he hasn't done anything in the league yet which I had already told you yesterday. As for Kap, OK is not $17 mil, his cap hit in 2016 is $15.89 mil.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/colin-kaepernick/

Oh I know what you said lol...MM said he's due $14.3 but whatever it's still enough lol

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-interview-coaches-who-have-coveted-kaepernick

We disagree on hue vs shanny which is fine hope we have a better idea in th next couple days.

It probably doesn't matter now if Chip Kelly is the guy. That will make me sick and I will retire from following the NFL when that happens until both Kelly and Baalke are gone.
One thing is for sure. Chip Kelly will be the most polarizing!
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I think they interviewed Lynn to get the Rooney Rule satisfied, I don't think he is a serious candidate. To me Chip Kelly is the worst, I could see him installing a gimmick offense led by Kaepernick, I would gouge my eyes out if that happened so I didn't have to watch.
Lynn, just for lack of experience for right now. We kind of need a proven guy right now. Funny I remember him coming from Denver to us off waiver wire after we won SB in 94', and we lost all our RB's to FA, we got stuck w/ 3rd. stringer Derek Loville, and Lynn came over with other cast offs and new OC mark Trestman (who was running a graphics company).. Beginning of the end for Seifert..
Lynn
Who the eff is Anthony Lynn?

Chip Kelly. Keep him and his roster destroying ways faaaar away from this francise.
Originally posted by BobS:
I think they interviewed Lynn to get the Rooney Rule satisfied, I don't think he is a serious candidate. To me Chip Kelly is the worst, I could see him installing a gimmick offense led by Kaepernick, I would gouge my eyes out if that happened so I didn't have to watch.

uh hue kackson wouldve satisfied that
Anthony Lynn, but Chip Kelly is a close second. At least you know what Chip would bring - a hurry up Offense that can't control the clock and Team dissension by the end of the year, if not sooner.

Lynn is a bit of a reach for HC consideration at this point and doesn't bring what the 49ers need along with him.
Share 49ersWebzone