There are 285 users in the forums

HC Tribal Council ROUND 1: Who is the worst HC candidate for the Niners?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

HC Tribal Council ROUND 1: Who is the worst HC candidate for the Niners?

Wow, Lynn starting to build a lead.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Chip fxxking Kelly without a shadow of a doubt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Word.
  • Marty
  • Veteran
Worst candidate will be whichever one gets hired - they will get the most complaints against them at the end of the day.
Our other site's guru Chris Pozz posted:

Matt Barrows:

Is Chip Kelly a fan of Colin Kaepernick? A league source tonight suggested the answer is: yes, very much so. #49ers

If this is the case, then you're 100% right. A coach who plays Kaepernick another single down is the worst-case scenario.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Jan 8, 2016 at 2:46 AM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerSickness:

Matt Barrows:

Is Chip Kelly a fan of Colin Kaepernick? A league source tonight suggested the answer is: yes, very much so. #49ers

If this is the case, then you're 100% right. A coach who plays Kaepernick another single down is the worst-case scenario.

No kidding. I posted about it too, it will definitely be my ultimate worst case scenario:

1) Kelly's Power Spread scheme will not work in the NFL

2) Kap just doesn't have the mental aptitude to play the QB position

This combo will take the 9ers to the cleaners and I will have to retire from the NFL until Kelly, Kap and Baalke are gone.

I've heard so much negativity about Chip Kelly on the Zone. He won ten games two years in a row and then became a mad scientist with the roster. Maybe he's learned it's not college. His game is based on a QB, it reminds me of the Don Coryell offenses in San Deigo. Every generation an innovative offensive mind comes into the NFL, Paul Brown, Bill Walsh, Don Coryall, they play the game on a different level. I'm not saying Kelly is on that level but at least he may be. Is it worth a shot, or do we want the same Tomsula 2. Culture today bases everything on the moment, if he's bad today, he's always bad. If he wins one SB it 's the start of a dynasty. If the Yorks want to shake up the world hire Chip, if they want to play it safe, hire a no-name with no coaching experience.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I've heard so much negativity about Chip Kelly on the Zone. He won ten games two years in a row and then became a mad scientist with the roster. Maybe he's learned it's not college. His game is based on a QB, it reminds me of the Don Coryell offenses in San Deigo. Every generation an innovative offensive mind comes into the NFL, Paul Brown, Bill Walsh, Don Coryall, they play the game on a different level. I'm not saying Kelly is on that level but at least he may be. Is it worth a shot, or do we want the same Tomsula 2. Culture today bases everything on the moment, if he's bad today, he's always bad. If he wins one SB it 's the start of a dynasty. If the Yorks want to shake up the world hire Chip, if they want to play it safe, hire a no-name with no coaching experience.

He's gonna have to find a tempo of play that doesn't wear out his own defense. Offensive yards are hollow if they are at the expense of your own defense. Then this begs the question of is his offensive production solely predicated on being hyper paced. I think the answer is yes and I don't think this style wins titles.
Hue is the only logical choice. The other 4 are as equally bad
Originally posted by NinerSickness:

Matt Barrows:

Hue is a fan as well...he scouted him hard in Oakland and Al Davis had a temper tantrum when we got him lol.

Originally posted by RishikeshA:

I've read that he doesn't want personal control like he had in Philly he just wants to coach...but who knows.

I'm all in for Hue.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by stud85:
Lynn. Typical York style hire.

I'm in agreement. Nothing against Lynn but the 49ers have REALLY BAD luck with first time HC. The likelihood of finding another Seifert let alone Walsh is well below remote.
Originally posted by Niners816:
Anthony Lynn...we've seen what happens when position coaches with no coordinator experience get promoted to HC

Bingo
[ Edited by judodono on Jan 8, 2016 at 7:41 AM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Hue is a fan as well...he scouted him hard in Oakland and Al Davis had a temper tantrum when we got him lol.

Another reason why Hue Jackson shouldn't be here.
Kelley voted out ....but surprise !!! he has pulled out the hidden idol Shanny goes home
Share 49ersWebzone