LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 313 users in the forums

HC Tribal Council ROUND 1: Who is the worst HC candidate for the Niners?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

HC Tribal Council ROUND 1: Who is the worst HC candidate for the Niners?

Instead of discussing who is the best HC candidate, I'd like to conduct a process of elimination, Survival style. Rounds by round, WZ consensus to vote candidates "off the island".

Obviously, candidates could start to be eliminated quickly during the actual coaching search, so each round can probably only go for a day or so.

Mods, if this works, maybe some can sticky it for a day or two?
[ Edited by Butter on Jan 8, 2016 at 12:13 AM ]
My vote is Mike Holmgren, his coaching and front office career was on a downward spiral before he went out to pasture. Could be be the Dick Vermeil of coaching? Ehh...
[ Edited by Butter on Jan 8, 2016 at 12:05 AM ]
  • Dingo
  • Veteran
I've gone for Kelly. Only because he was sacked for a "lack of emotional intelligence". Yes I know that is a bit subjective, but the niners need a bit of healing and so need a leader with not just an amazing offensive brain but also a human one.
Holmgren
Anthony Lynn...we've seen what happens when position coaches with no coordinator experience get promoted to HC
Best-Shanny
2.) Holmgren
3.) Jackson
4.) Kelly
5.) Lynn

I'd be thrilled with the top3. I'm skeptical if Kelly's system can win titles based on the toll it takes on your defense.
Lynn. Typical York style hire.
Holmgren barely beats out Shanahan
Originally posted by Dingo:
I've gone for Kelly. Only because he was sacked for a "lack of emotional intelligence". Yes I know that is a bit subjective, but the niners need a bit of healing and so need a leader with not just an amazing offensive brain but also a human one.

pretty sure "healing" is why they hired Tomsula
Holmgren. Mangini would have this one put away!

Originally posted by English:
Holmgren. Mangini would have this one put away!

I thought about adding him, but I don't think hes a viable candidate.

Additional candidates could be added next round though.
I'm going with Kelly, he's a good college coach but his offense won't translate to the NFL and it will take a toll on our defense. Just too many question marks there, Baalke is on thin ice surprisingly he's still employed but he really needs to deliver on this hire, so he really needs to put his ego aside and look at all options.

In that list I'm hoping Holmgren, Shanahan or Jackson are hired.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Chip fxxking Kelly without a shadow of a doubt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All of them,Payton was the only one i could see possibly having a winning season with the 49ers next year
  • Dingo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Escobar:
Originally posted by Dingo:

pretty sure "healing" is why they hired Tomsula

Yeah, but lets not replace Tomsula with a sociopath.
Share 49ersWebzone