LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 156 users in the forums

Updated: Who Do You Want As Head Coach? *Please Re-Vote*

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Updated: Who Do You Want As Head Coach? *Please Re-Vote*

I hate to create another poll but since Sean Payton is out and he had nearly 40% of the votes I thought I'd make another one to see where those 40% of the votes would go.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jan 6, 2016 at 6:28 PM ]
Hue Jackson
Rich kotite
If i had my choice from that list it would be Josh McDaniels so thats where i placed my vote. But that will never happen.

Of the realistic choices i want Hue Jackson.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Jan 6, 2016 at 5:50 PM ]
Technically Shaw, but that's about as much of a pipe dream as Payton.

Give me Hue Jackson or Holmgren. I could also live with Shanahan or Kelly, though I would prefer one of the first two. Anyone else and I'll feel like we were at the bottom of the barrel for the second year in a row.
  • rdc1
  • Veteran
Shaw has already said he is not leaving Stanford.
I just Googled a couple of random articles regarding Hue Jackson's firing as the Raiders HC. It might be worth a quick read.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1018696-hue-jackson-fired-5-reasons-the-oakland-raiders-canned-their-coach

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2012/01/report-hue-jackson-fired-by-raiders-1.html

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2012/01/reasons-why-hue-jackson-was-fired/

Side Note: I think its interesting to note in the articles how poorly Carson Palmer played with the Raiders. He had something like 16 picks. Yet, somehow he was able to turn it around in AZ. It just blows my mind that people think Kap is broken beyond repair and not even worthy of another shot. / rant.
McDaniels
Is David Shaw even a realistic option?
Originally posted by awp8912:
McDaniels

Pretty sure he turned us down for an interview last time, not sure what has changed since then

Originally posted by Escobar:
Pretty sure he turned us down for an interview last time, not sure what has changed since then

Beggars can't be choosers. He's already reaching out and saying he wants the Titans job, assuming they decline he might consider here.

Nope. Not unless Jed wants to make him the highest paid coach in the NFL by a good margin.

Not really. There's been multiple reports that he's too comfortable at Stanford to move on to the NFL. Can't blame him, either.
Beggars can't be choosers. He's already reaching out and saying he wants the Titans job, assuming they decline he might consider here.

Or he could just stay in NE......
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Or he could just stay in NE......

If I were McDaniels, that's exactly what I would do. He's failed everywhere but there.
Share 49ersWebzone