LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 206 users in the forums

Rumor: York hired Tomsula to ensure top 10 pick.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
lol he isn't that smart.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
There's no way they paid a guy 14 mil to tank the season

This is of course the correct answer.

People need to make up their minds, either the Yorks are super cheap, penny pinching misers or they are wantonly wasteful, blowing $14 million on a head coach for 1 season just to land a slightly higher draft choice.

What else can you pay a head coach in the NFL? $40 bucks a week? 1 million a year?
JED had no choice, son
York probably thought since the players love him and he can get them fired up they could make a run at a playoff spot and be a dangerous team come playoff time. Problem with rah rah guys who don't know x's and o's the locker room will turn on you real fast once you start losing. I'm sure after week 1 everyone was all in and fired up but then after week 2 and 3's blowout losses things turned sour quickly. I really thought we could hang in there for the first 6 or so games at say 2-3 wins and once we got Kilgore, Simpson, etc back we could do some damage and make a good playoff push/run. I guess I thought Tomsula could get them fired up but he couldnt even do that as many games they came out flat as can be.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

People need to make up their minds, either the Yorks are super cheap, penny pinching misers or they are wantonly wasteful, blowing $14 million on a head coach for 1 season just to land a slightly higher draft choice.
What else can you pay a head coach in the NFL? $40 bucks a week? 1 million a year?
JED had no choice, son
Originally posted by Gore_21:
York probably thought since the players love him and he can get them fired up they could make a run at a playoff spot and be a dangerous team come playoff time. Problem with rah rah guys who don't know x's and o's the locker room will turn on you real fast once you start losing. I'm sure after week 1 everyone was all in and fired up but then after week 2 and 3's blowout losses things turned sour quickly. I really thought we could hang in there for the first 6 or so games at say 2-3 wins and once we got Kilgore, Simpson, etc back we could do some damage and make a good playoff push/run. I guess I thought Tomsula could get them fired up but he couldnt even do that as many games they came out flat as can be.

Maybe, but why would he think that way after hiring SingleBrainCell?
Not buying this b******t
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:

JED had no choice, son

Why not sign Tomsula to a 1 year contract then? If his plan was to 'tank' I can't believe the crap some of you people actually believe lol.
[ Edited by Boagrius49 on Jan 5, 2016 at 11:51 AM ]
Tummysula was hired before all of the player departures.

This is obviously the correct and only answer.

We can lock this thread up now
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Jan 5, 2016 at 11:54 AM ]

Originally posted by Boagrius49:

JED had no choice, son

Why not sign Tomsula to a 1 year contract then? If his plan was to 'tank' I can't believe the crap some of you people actually believe lol.

That would be a sign to ALL that firing Harbaugh was a complete failure. It had to be a multi-year contract, son. Start thinking.
Malarkey
who started this rumor? looks like its just a spin of words
  • thl408
That would be a sign to ALL that firing Harbaugh was a complete failure. It had to be a multi-year contract, son. Start thinking.

What's up with calling everyone "son"?
This is Mr.Rogers pop locking.

This is me thread locking.

I will leave this thread here so more can enjoy it instead of moving the thread.
Share 49ersWebzone