LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

What is Ian Williams value?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • JayT
  • Veteran
With more talent around him, he could be a real force in the middle. Agree or not?
At the price he's playing for; he's the best in the league
  • thl408
If the new HC comes in and stays with a two gapping 3-4, he has value as a stout run stopper. For a very good, 26 year old, one dimensional nose tackle, I'll go 4 years @ $4 per.
If he's the best then he deserves more than what Vince Wilfork got, $4.5M a year.

nvm, I just saw the tag number, over $11M, not happening.
[ Edited by AB81Rules on Jan 5, 2016 at 9:53 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
3 years 12 million. take it or leave it
I can agree with about 3-4 years at say 3-4 per. If he doesn't want that then Dorsey or Purcell is my starting NT. I'd say Williams should be our priority 1 in FA for our guys. Then Boldin, Tiller, Dawson and Celek. Everyone else is hopefully gone.
Originally posted by thl408:
If the new HC comes in and stays with a two gapping 3-4, he has value as a stout run stopper. For a very good, 26 year old, one dimensional nose tackle, I'll go 4 years @ $4 per.

just $4?
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by thl408:

just $4?

"York is cheap!"
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I can agree with about 3-4 years at say 3-4 per. If he doesn't want that then Dorsey or Purcell is my starting NT. I'd say Williams should be our priority 1 in FA for our guys. Then Boldin, Tiller, Dawson and Celek. Everyone else is hopefully gone.

Tiller is signed through next year but he'd be a GREAT candidate for an extension now...buy low.

Just to quote AB.

I want to make this crystal clear to everyone, ANDREW TILLER IS SIGNED FOR 2016, 2 articles came out today suggesting we need to re-sign him, and that he is a UFA after 2015, which is INCORRECT, he would only be a EFA, and wouldn't be able to sign elsewhere if he wasn't signed for 2016.

AGAIN TILLER IS SIGNED FOR NEXT YEAR.

Sorry for caps, I need to make this clear.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 5, 2016 at 11:17 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:

Tiller is signed through next year but he'd be a GREAT candidate for an extension now...buy low.

Just to quote AB.

I want to make this crystal clear to everyone, ANDREW TILLER IS SIGNED FOR 2016, 2 articles came out today suggesting we need to re-sign him, and that he is a UFA after 2015, which is INCORRECT, he would only be a EFA, and wouldn't be able to sign elsewhere if he wasn't signed for 2016.

AGAIN TILLER IS SIGNED FOR NEXT YEAR.

Sorry for caps, I need to make this clear.
Yes it would be a good idea, not sure if eligible yet though, he is only in year 3 now, and was a late round pick of the Saints, may not be allowed till after 2016.

8 million a year, Redskins.
Ok thanks Ncommand; I hope that's true. If we could extend him he is definitely one of those Baalke buy low long term early deals he loves. Worked out with Williams, Miller, Brock, Kilgore, etc and allowed us to be paying starters backup money.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jan 5, 2016 at 11:41 AM ]
We about to find out once FA starts. He's been the only consistent d lineman all year. He won't be easily replaced. What team cuts a young 26 year old NT? I don't think he's gonna be breaking the bank.
  • dj43

He is going to get much more than that, if not from the 49ers, from someone else. There are a dozen teams that would love to have him in the center of their 3-4 alignment. I would give him a 4 year deal with a bunch of incentives that might bring him into the $8MILLION range. His PFF grades this year put him in the "Pro Bowl" quality level.

Due to injuries, his body of work is not as large as other NTs around the league but when he has been healthy, he has been a force. Neither Dorsey or Purcell are close. If Williams leaves, one of the first 3 picks will be a NT to replace him. The NT is the critical component in a 3-4.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Yes it would be a good idea, not sure if eligible yet though, he is only in year 3 now, and was a late round pick of the Saints, may not be allowed till after 2016.

I gotcha your back, man!
Share 49ersWebzone