LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

Head Coach candidate Chip Kelly

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He*l no this fool shouldn't even be allowed in tha parking lot not even allowed on tha sidelines coaching another team !!!! NO !!!!!
Kelly is a winner, you can argue about his decisions but not his results. Just like Belicheat said just about every player he casted away did not produce in 2015.
he's a much better fit at Cal if Sonny leaves than the Niners imho
I bet he can bring back Borland lol.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
He*l no this fool shouldn't even be allowed in tha parking lot not even allowed on tha sidelines coaching another team !!!! NO !!!!!

Why?? he had back to back 10-6 seasons & built one of the strongest programs in college football.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
how much power would Chip want??
Originally posted by GMniner805:

Why?? he had back to back 10-6 seasons & built one of the strongest programs in college football.

How this Division is 10 wins will get us 3rd place ...Will let him got back to college then dont want him here dont care if he'll coach for free ...
Lol we would go from Harbaugh waiting till 0 every play to snap the ball to Kelly making sure to snap it instantly every play. WTF.
  • dj43
Originally posted by boast:
Eagle fans did the math on some of the main defensive starter's snap counts...

during the 16 game regular season, some of the D played snap counts equal to that of a 18-19 game season.

I believe a lot of teams will sit down over the winter and analyze these up-tempo offenses and how their defense performed. The result, I believe, will be that we will see less of it next season. The reason being that it puts a much greater work load on your defense. They get tired. They get injured. They fail. In summary they will realize there needs to be much more of a balance than what Kelly ran.

I believe the model is the way Peyton Manning runs the offense: you are ready to run a play quickly if you think you have an advantage over what the defense has on the field at that moment but slow it down if you don't. You don't make a living just by going quickly. If Kelly could learn that, then he might be more successful.

My concern with Kelly is that I just don't see the thought and continuity in his offensive schemes. He relies on trick plays more and solid fundamentals less.
  • Kense
  • Veteran
This guy was a complete disaster in Philly. He'd be a disaster here. Not to mention the Players Hated him. You think Harbaugh was a hard ass? This guy is worse. Jed would fire him in 2 seasons tops. He's a failure and could probably never walk through Philly again.

Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by boast:
Eagle fans did the math on some of the main defensive starter's snap counts...

during the 16 game regular season, some of the D played snap counts equal to that of a 18-19 game season.

I believe a lot of teams will sit down over the winter and analyze these up-tempo offenses and how their defense performed. The result, I believe, will be that we will see less of it next season. The reason being that it puts a much greater work load on your defense. They get tired. They get injured. They fail. In summary they will realize there needs to be much more of a balance than what Kelly ran.

I believe the model is the way Peyton Manning runs the offense: you are ready to run a play quickly if you think you have an advantage over what the defense has on the field at that moment but slow it down if you don't. You don't make a living just by going quickly. If Kelly could learn that, then he might be more successful.

My concern with Kelly is that I just don't see the thought and continuity in his offensive schemes. He relies on trick plays more and solid fundamentals less.

Interesting to see what our defensive snap count was with Harbaugh waiting till 0 to snap the ball every play and the contrast between Kellys approach.
  • dj43
Originally posted by GMniner805:

It helps to build a football program when the school doesn't really care whether or not the student/athlete ever gets a degree. Oregon has one of the lowest undergrad rates among major public colleges.
Originally posted by awp8912:
Interesting to see what our defensive snap count was with Harbaugh waiting till 0 to snap the ball every play and the contrast between Kellys approach.

Chip Kelly's defenses faced over 1100+ plays every year. Harbs defenses faced under 1000 twice and the most they faced was 1020.
I don't think he's a bad offensive mind to be honest. The guy is creative you have to give him that. And anyone who can get something out of Mark Sanchez is worth noting. I feel if success is to come to him he'll have to tone down the offensive pace somewhat.

As for SF, it is a bit of a problem I think because of the personnel the team already has. Phily had the ideal roster sans QB for it to work, SF has a lot of plodding offensive players, less agile receivers etc. Tory Smith might work but he seems to only be able to run in a straight line.

That said, the team does have flexibility this offseason from cap space and QB contracts to make a change.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Jan 4, 2016 at 12:25 PM ]
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Aside from all the bone headed mistakes he would probably makes in trades and cuts, he will most likely keep Kap. I imagine that is the reason he called Jed about the position. You would think he would be calling up the titans but i guess Kap is the QB who fits his system the most

The Titans look to be keeping Mularkey so he is SOL there.
Share 49ersWebzone