LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 297 users in the forums

Head coach candidate Mike Shanahan

Shop Find 49ers gear online
And go.......
wouldn't be mad at it but would he be able to get along with the FO? that was one of his biggest problems in Washington.
I'm a fan of this possibility. If this happened, a lot of other things also need to fall into place to get the 49ers back to championship level football.
I wouldn't like the hire
Originally posted by lamontb:
I wouldn't like the hire

You're entitled. Why?
Bc he wowed the league since Elway.....
I think he would be a good hire if he's willing to work with Baalke and Baalke is willing to work with him. I think he could have good input on the offensive side on the draft and obviously his coaching acumen is well known. Baalke in turn could help a lot on defense IMO.

Could be a good pairing.

And he has a better track record developing QB's than anyone else available.
I think Shannahan past his prime. I would have really liked Shanny about 10 years ago.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Why do we need a Mike Shanahan thread for???
  • Homer
  • Veteran
I'm not his biggest fan, but I'd be ok with it. At least his teams always run the ball well. His boy Cousins is looking pretty good. Might be a good marriage if Trent can build our defense back up.

He knows runningbacks, and he would lick his chops at the thought of working with hyde. Hopefully teach him to help prevent injuries.
Originally posted by BMoore56:
Bc he wowed the league since Elway.....

RG3 was functional and he knew that kid didn't have it. Was thrown under the bus for not making it work. He never really got a QB after Elway. He had Plummer, who he did some things with and Jay Cutler. Yes its his own fault, but he wouldn't have personnel power.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Why do we need a Mike Shanahan thread for???

The HC hiring is the biggest story around. One of the mods suggested that each of the main candidates be given his own thread, and all other candidates kept together in one thread. Seems like a good idea so off we go.
Shanny is one of the candidates that I would be happy with. He has an offensive track record and is a QB guru. Here is his track record with QBs:

YOUNG
With: 68% 107.1 rate
W/o: 65% 97.6 rate

ELWAY
With: 59% 88.7 rate
W/o: 56% 76.8 rate

PLUMMER
With: 59% 84.3 rate
W/O: 56% 69.0 rate

CUTLER
With: 63% 87.1 rate
W/O: 61% 84.4 rate

RGIII
With: 63% 91.5 rate
W/O: 69% 86.9 rate

With the exception of RGIII's %, every one had a better % and rate under Shanny. His last two seasons in the league had two top 10 offenses including a top 5 attack. Much like Holmgren, his need for personnel control did him in.
Too old. I am hoping for someone a little younger, still an offensive coach though. Hopefully one that would be around for a while.
[ Edited by Rubberneck36 on Jan 4, 2016 at 11:23 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone