LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

Jed York "Black Monday" Press Conference Thread 1/4/15

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by krizay:
did he really just admit he'd rather hve a higher pick if theyre not playing for championship?

ought to be interesting

I think folks are going to run crazy with this and it's really not necessary. All he was referring to was that they believed in someone, thought very highly, and even though it didn't pan out, they're at least able to reset and will have access to higher tier talent with a higher pick. But folks are going to run with this and twist the words to say "we'd rather tank for a high pick" when that's not what he meant.

Everything else he said was very good, in my opinion.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Talk is cheap! Actions speak louder than words

Which is why the firing of Tomsula made me gain a lot of respect for Jed.
Something I felt was important was saying, 'that I am not a football expert and staying away from interfering with it.'

Mentioned cap space as well saying, 'We have a lot of cap space and if we don't use it, it'll just roll over. we don't have to use it all because we have it. '

Those are 2 things Ive really liked hearing.
  • ABT_
  • Veteran
Good press conference. When he said he took things too personally in the past, you can tell he was referring to Jim Harbaugh without saying it directly. Hopefully they take this rebuild serious in 2016 and get over themselves. His ass is humbled. Get Sean Payton in here and murder free agency and the draft and lets field a football team we are proud of.
Mindi Bach @MBachCSN
#49ers Torrey Smith says players found out Tomsula was fired via text from Jed York.
lol
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

after firing successful coaches in harbaugh and mariucci?

This, because they could of gave him another year...
He didn't even know the draft order lol
Originally posted by Cowboyhtr24:
He noticed the banners flying over his head!

yeah that was interesting
Originally posted by harryj:
Mindi Bach @MBachCSN
#49ers Torrey Smith says players found out Tomsula was fired via text from Jed York.
lol

jed wasn't apart of the 49ers when they fired mooch
Originally posted by harryj:
Mindi Bach @MBachCSN
lol

Jed didn't fire Mariucci. But he did admit past mistakes, with implications about the Harbaugh situation.

As far as notifying the players, I'm not really concerned about that. I'd be more bothered if he notified Tomsula himself via text/email like the Browns owner did..
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 4, 2016 at 11:15 AM ]

f**k him
Jed didn't fire Mariucci. But he did admit past mistakes, with implications about the Harbaugh situation.

oh my bad

this and btw where was Baalke?
He has a developing comb over. He's going to look like Chris Berman in the next year.

Spray that with color hair fiber and hope it doesn't rain on him.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Happy he owned up to f**king things up this year, but he still has a long way to go. He'll get credit if this team quickly gets back to being a winner though.

Agreed. I have a lot of respect for Jed admitting he was wrong. I think he gets a lot of animosity, but I don't have the hate for Jed that some seem to express.

I like a lot of what he's said, and the biggest thing is yesterday his action in firing Tomsula spoke louder than words. But the words are nice too. I believe him when he says he cares about the team's success much beyond monetary reasons. I do think he wants to win. We'll see what happens and who we get.

Yep, I think it was a necessary first step. This off-season will be interesting for sure. If they make a huge splash with a coach and FA then I'll be much more cautiously optimistic which is way better than I felt going into this past season.
Share 49ersWebzone