LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 321 users in the forums

Ok its over!!!!! Things to look forward to next year.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This was BY FAR the worst 12 months I've had in my 30+ years as a niner fan. However we have reason to hope a dream!!

1) RB's--- even with all the injuries Rathman and co did an AMAZING job finding guys off the street and getting quality production out of what they had. I'm really excited to see a Hyde, Droughn, Harris and Davis backfield next season.
2) DB's--- This was one area that seemed to improve as the year went on. Ward randomly turned into a beast... Tartt what!!!?? Brock still looks a little shaky but serviceable and Johnson and Cromartie might be real finds!
3) OL--- Is it just me or did we finally find a group of OL that can play together? Once Boone went out it it forced Peers inside and the rookie Brown into the lineup. Add this with Killgore coming back and it actually looked like an NFL level O-line. It still has a little way to go and don't be shocked if we pickup some help in he interior in the first 3 rounds but if AD comes back it really could go back to a group of strength for the niners.
4) Patton--- I agree he still needs some work but this guy is just exciting with the ball in his hands! He was able to get way more opportunities this season to showcase it and while I still see him as more of a number three type guy he made the most of this chances this season.
5) NEW STAFF!!!!--- I know I might be jumping the gun here but anyone who knows anything about football can see this staff was in over its head this season. Tomsula seems like a great guy but he also seems like he could of benefited from a year or two in college as a head coach. Whether or not you believe this staff was setup for failure is a mute point. The issue is they did fail and fail hard. Players were routinely undisciplined and the staff was out coached on nearly a weekly basis. Lack of talent doesn't cause players to jump off sides 6 times in a game or to only call 3 run plays in the second half after running for over 100 in the first. This falls squarely on the shoulders of the coaching staff and I am extremely excited to see what a better staff can do with the talent we have on our team already.
You thought these last 12 months were worse than 2004?
Moar tomsula
If Baalke stays, Look foward to an obscure draft choice that fills No Need and rides the bench inactive with an ACL Tear.

70th Anniversary patches

/thread
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
If Baalke stays, Look foward to an obscure draft choice that fills No Need and rides the bench inactive with an ACL Tear.

The only injury pick I want is Jaylon Smith. Even as high as rd 2.
There is nothing to look forward to next year unless Tomsula is fired and if we get another QB in here.
Gotta wait 24 hours for positive threads.
A whole new coaching staff.
reasons to be excited for next year:

new staff (just keep rathman and sparano but make him ol coach)

lots of draft picks including the #7 pick

can use guys like Kap, Bethea, maybe even brooks to trade for more picks

ol is actually loaded even if we let boone go. tiller and brown could be long term answers but if not we still have thomas/martin to compete at guard, maybe davis to come back as RG or RT. could go stanley as well at 7 or sign osemele or glenn with all our cap space

secondary is full of young talent, just get mangini away from them and donatell back (yeah like that would happen) and you have a really good pass defense.

get brooks out of here and get another OLB early... we need more pass rushers... maybe even DL as well

TE's are looking up even without Davis... celek can be re-signed for cheap, Mcdonald improving, bell could be a solid #2 of the future, anderson coming back

Smelter coming back to the wr's but if we get boldin back we still need another good wr as patton (although improving) and ellington probably arent the future

harris to go along with hyde and davis isnt a bad 1-2-3 punch. hayne and maybe draughn could compete vs a rookie for a spot.

• Andra
  • Veteran
3 yard passes on 3rd and 9
The SF Giants' 4th World Series & Warriors' Back-to-Back

//thread
This season was over before it started, I've been waiting for this off season since Tomsula hired!
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
You thought these last 12 months were worse than 2004?

Significantly worse.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
The SF Giants' 4th World Series & Warriors' Back-to-Back

//thread

This!
Share 49ersWebzone