There are 322 users in the forums

Mods, Please Lock - Updated Poll Above

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Mods, Please Lock - Updated Poll Above

1. Payton
2. Mcdaniels
3. Jackson
4. Holmgren

Top two are highly unlikely, and the 4th has been out of the league for close to a decade.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Jan 3, 2016 at 12:32 PM ]
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
I've said it for a while, I want Sean Payton here.
  • Veteran
1- Holmgren
2- Shanahan (Mike)
3-Shaw
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
1. Payton
2. Mcdaniels
3. Jackson
4. Holmgren

Top two are highly unlikely, and the 4th has been out of the league for close to a decade.

How long was Dick Vermeil out of the league for when he took on the Rams job?
So what is Payton's trade value?
HC- Holmgren
OC- Trestman
DC- Pagano

Championship!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Payton
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
We might not have to trade for Sean Payton after all i am hearing they want him out whether they trade him or not he is a gonner we should wait it out N go after our man.

Payton I think would be the best possible fit with Baalke if he's staying. A guy who knows and is great at offense to go with a GM whose strength is defense. Both Parcells guys as well.
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:

The Saints are looking for a 2nd rounder. Teams will probably offer a 4th or a 5th knowing that New Orleans is eager to cut ties with him. The Saints will most likely settle for a 3rd or a 4th.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

The Saints are looking for a 2nd rounder. Teams will probably offer a 4th or a 5th knowing that New Orleans is eager to cut ties with him. The Saints will most likely settle for a 3rd or a 4th.

TBH I would give a second tomorrow if i was the GM.

Hue
Payton
Holmgren
Sean Payton gets my vote because he is the most sure thing and safest but he needs to find a good DC. Shaw would not come here after what they did to Harbaugh. He may not want to risk his dream job for this.

Mike Shanahan and Holmgrem only if they had a young up and coming OC on their staff waiting to take over when they retired in a few years.

Most intriguing coach prospect to me is Josh McDaniels. But he sure "F' up in Denver.

Hell No to everyone else!

Boy! All those who wanted Harbaugh gone. LMFAO. I was critical of Harbaugh for not wining the Super Bowl and making bad decisions on NFC title games but never wanted him gone.
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:
Hue
Payton
Holmgren

Operating under the idea that there's no way Shaw or Gase come here.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

What is the workaround regarding The Rooney Rule? If we fire Tomsula, aren't we required to interview a minority? Or does a trade negate that?
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
TBH I would give a second tomorrow if i was the GM.

If there's any chance that Brees would come along and start for a couple of years while a young QB was developing...
Share 49ersWebzone